Senior BI Developer
EF Travel, the flights division of EF Tours, is currently looking for a Senior BI Developer to join our team in Zurich, Switzerland.
We are an autonomous and dynamic data team working on a multitude of technical solutions for EF’s flights department. We provide vital solutions in the areas of technical development, business intelligence and innovation. Data and insights we deliver has a direct impact on the massive number of passengers travelling with us, as well as the profitability of the business. We enjoy a fantastic work environment right on the doorstep to the Swiss Alps.
As a Senior BI Developer you will support our operational teams by delivering intelligent solutions for current challenges. We expect you to be forward thinker, innovative and ready for a position where you will get to make an impact from day one.
- Develop reports and dashboards in Power BI from gathering requirements to release
- Create and optimize database processes for more efficient reporting systems
- Maintain production reporting solutions used by operations and senior management
- Lead ad hoc analysis to uncover business opportunities and address key pain points
- Implement new technologies and solutions to achieve high quality reporting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven and have good communication skills
- A team-player with an agile mind-set
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and highly attentive to detail
- You have a keen sense of user experience and interfaces
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent professional
- At least 5 years of work experience with dimensional modeling, ETL/ELT or other relevant data pipeline tools
- Highly proficient working in SQL databases building stored procedures and views
- Experience developing reports in Power BI and setting up RLS and roles
- In-depth understanding of DAX
- Experience working with SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- Knowledge in Power Apps and other Microsoft Power Platform tools is a plus
- Knowledge of User Interface intuitive design principles, primarily related to reporting and dashboards for wide audiences
- Good understanding of data warehousing concepts
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.