EF is investing big in new software innovation products for the next generation of Education experiences. We want to reinvent Learning and drive new and engaging ways for Students, Parents and Teachers to get the best out of our platform. We're looking for like-minded individuals who love to grow and solve new and exciting problems.
We're not overly obsessive about tech stacks that you may have used - but see any experience with Cloud, modern Web and Mobile as a plus.
We are looking for talented Back End Engineers to help build our next generation, world-class products. You will be part of a team that obsesses over quality and is committed to putting our customers first.
You will be involved in all aspects of software development, from initial development to the deployment of the service in production, testing and documentation.
- Deliver high quality, maintainable code
- Understand testing methodologies and be able to write testable code along with the relevant tests
- Break down complex problems into simple solutions
- Work with other specialists to implement features and infrastructure on time, top quality, and to specification
- Work with existing codebases and learn the mechanics of existing applications
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Several years of experience developing and maintaining production services
- Backend experience, including technologies such as Golang, Node.js
- Exposure to DevOps is desirable: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, CI/CD pipelines
- Frontend experience is a plus: React, Typescript, CSS, Elm
- Ability to work efficiently, keep track of deadlines and raise concerns in a timely manner
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Real passion for working in a team and building great products that delight end users. Drive for excellence and improvement
- Love for software and coding!
BSc, BEng in Computer Science, other technical subjects, or equivalent qualification or technical experience is a plus
- The chance to work with a fantastic team of designers, engineers, academics and product people
- The chance to work on global-scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- A beautiful, green, multi-national office based in Chelsea, London
- An opportunity to have a positive impact on people’s lives
- Weekly allocated R&D time to learn, develop and innovate
- Onsite gym with free fitness and wellness classes Regular social activities with a provided budget High-end equipment (MacBook Pro etc.)