EF Educational Tours is part of EF Education First, the world leader in international education and student travel, with 50 years of experience and offices all over the world. We offer a true international work environment, competitive salaries, a broad range of opportunities and fast paced career development. For more information, please check us out on http://careers.ef.com
Why work at EF?
- We are international.With a global network of offices and schools, EF is able to offer an international career in any part of the world.
- We are entrepreneurial. EF has grown into the largest international education company by hiring people who are street smart and “can get things done”. Our entrepreneurial spirit is at the core of what makes working at EF a ton of fun.
- We embrace change. Be prepared to join a flexible organization where no day is the same. We believe change is key to business success, personal development, and career progression.
EF Education First is currently looking for an ambitious, career-driven and enthusiastic accountant ready to take the next step in their career and join the EF Educational Tours finance team at our head office in Zurich, Switzerland.
A day in the life of a Senior Accountant for EF Educational Tours
- Working with a team on the accounting of Swiss legal entity
- Ensure the accuracy of the general ledger, all journal entries, prepayments and deposits, accruals as well as operational accounting
- Ensure proper recording of intercompany transactions as well cash flow management
- Prepare accurate and timely account reconciliations, variance analysis and commentary for management review
- Complete budgets for a legal entity, and perform analysis of budget to actuals, including follow-up
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and efficiency
- Communicate and work directly with accounting team, controlling team and operations team
- Work closely and collaboratively with other functional areas and other EF businesses around the world.
The position provides excellent opportunities to build experience with a team of accomplished and motivated people in a truly international environment.
The ideal candidate has/is
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar
- Strong communication skills with an energetic personality (written & verbal)
- Quick learner and a proven problem solver
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Flexible and able to multitask / Proactive and flexible
- A flair for numbers and attention to detail
- Excellent technical and computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel and PowerBI