Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: London, UK
Reports To: Accounting Manager
We are currently looking for an ambitious, highly driven, and enthusiastic Senior Accountant to join our Hult finance team. We are offering you the opportunity to build your financial accounting skills, within the UK Finance talent pool, which will offer exposure to exciting projects, as well as providing you with different career options within accounting or commercial finance over time.
The position provides excellent opportunities to build experience, and from the start, you will work closely with your manager as a key contributor to the accounting team.
You will also have opportunities to work on individual and team projects such as process improvements and internal controls.
- Work with the accounting of one or more companies
- Accounts payable functions
- Staff expense processing
- Processing weekly payments in the bank
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting in the monthly and quarterly close
- Generating supporting schedules and reconciliations to accompany the financial statements
- Intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Ensure the accuracy of the general ledger e.g. all journal entries, prepayments, and accruals
- Assist in the annual financial audit
- Assist in preparing the statutory financial statements
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and efficiency
- Supporting the Accounting Manager and other departments with ad hoc accounting tasks including, but not limited to, planning and forecasting process
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience
- Must have a background in accounting, ideally be or studying towards ACCA/CIMA/ICAEW
- High attention to detail
- Responsible and committed to meet team goals and deadlines
- Energetic personality with a positive attitude
- Very good organisation skills
- Analytical approach to problem-solving
- High level of comfort with a fast-paced environment
- Driven, independent, open-minded, and flexible
Hult is a new kind of non-profit business school that constantly innovates to meet the needs of students, employers, and society in a world that is changing faster than ever before. More than a business school, Hult is a dynamic and multicultural community that educates, inspires, and connects some of the most forward-thinking business talent from around the world.
What we do
Hult International Business School is a non-profit educational pioneer and the first triple-accredited US business school. Ranked by the Financial Times, Economist, Forbes, and Bloomberg Businessweek, Hult offers undergraduate, graduate, and executive education programs across its global campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York. The school’s philosophy is that business skills can only truly be learned by doing. By immersing students from all over the world in practical, hands-on experiences from day one, this fresh approach to education is creating a global community of confident, entrepreneurially minded graduates, ready to tackle the challenges of tomorrow.
Solving problems and overcoming challenges is what our students do: all year, every year. We bring together creative, open-minded people from all over the world to find solutions to the world’s most pressing issues by doing business, not just studying it. So they graduate with the skills and the mindset to be ready for anything.
And now we’re looking for talented workforce that think the same way.
We seek to promote an environment for our students, faculty, and staff that welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, sexual identities, abilities, and personal circumstances in a spirit of inclusivity and belonging. At Hult, we believe that it’s through our diversity that we find our strength.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world. By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Equal opportunities at Hult
Hult is dedicated to actively creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing opportunity regardless of gender, religion, race, colour, sexual identity, disability, ethnicity, age, and all the individual identities that make us unique. If you require any accommodation to assist you in the interview process, please submit this with your inquiry.
Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, empathetic, and highly multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we’d love to hear from you.