The person we are looking for will look after day to day Cyber Security, ensuring that our systems maintain an appropriate level of security. You will be focused on driving improvements to the security posture at EF, through the implementation of technical controls, nurturing the security culture amongst colleagues, whilst providing hands on support to security events to protect EF.
What We Are Looking For From You
- You will be calm and collected in high pressure situations, able to navigate through technology and security problems to find a root cause or balanced outcome.
- You’ll help maintain the protective controls in place across the estates day to day and ensure action is taken in areas of high risk.
- You’ll help the team be well prepared for all types of incidents, and that we learn from any incidents to prevent reoccurrences.
- You’ll be able to work with a multitude of stakeholders spread across the world to provide advice and support in improving security.
- You’ll be skilled in writing a range of documentation, ranging from processes and procedures to reports, and have an eye for details and be able to convert tech talk into normal language.
- You’ll be able to balance priorities and manage your time to effectively to ensure delivery of improvements.
- You’ll have a hunger to learn and grow in your technical knowledge and soft skills.
What you’ll have done before
- You will have worked for ideally 2 years’ in an Information Security role.
- You will have ideally 5 years’ experience in a technology role that incorporates security; preferably infrastructure or service desk orientated.
- You will have hands on technical skills; able to walk through network and system logs to extract information and able to understand the security impact of changes to systems.
- You’ll have used a variety of security tooling across the spectrum, both in implementing them and maintaining them, covering things like IPS/IDS, AV, SIEM tools, Vulnerability Scanning.
- You’ll have had experience and understanding of Public Cloud technologies, examples being AWS and Azure.
- You’ll have spent time learning to gain Information Security certifications, especially with a cloud-focus.
- You’ll have worked to give detailed yet to the point messages to a range of stakeholders, technical and not technical.
Certs you’ll ideally have
- CEH, SSCP, CompTIA Security +
- Networking Certification (CCNA or similar)
- IT Management Certification (ITIL or similar)