The EF International Language Campus in Miami is looking for talented and exceptional individuals to join its team of Resident Advisors! We seek motivated, responsible, dynamic, and community-building oriented individuals to take on the exciting challenge of working in an international environment.
About the School:
The Miami School is in South Beach and has an average of 300-400 students. We have students from over 50 different countries and ranging in age from 16-65. Most of our students are between the ages of 18-25.
About the Position:
RAs at EF have the opportunity to work one-on-one with a highly diverse student population and high energy staff. The position requires great flexibility and requires you to wear many hats including but not limited to, administrator, leader, activity leader, role model, counselor, policy enforcer and superhero.
RAs have the amazing chance to get to know and work with an incredible population of international students. RAs will work 20 hours or more per week (nights and weekends, in addition to on-call hours 1-2 nights per week, overnight). Primary responsibilities include helping the students at the reception desk, organizing on and off-campus activities, performing administrative tasks, dorm room checks, dormitory duties, plus other duties as assigned by the Housing Director or School Director.
Previous Resident Advisor or Residential Life experience is a plus and/or an interest in education, counseling, and international relations.
Benefits of the Position:
RAs receive free room and board; this is a live-in position. Additionally, RAs pay is hourly and biweekly. RAs contracted for the year will be reviewed and offered the ability to continue in their position contingent on performance every 3 months.
This position is part-time, except during the summer. The RA position is a full-time position during the summer due to our increase in student volume. This means that for 8 weeks you will be expected to work up to 40 hours per week.
Resident Advisor Duties:
All of our RAs are responsible for the day to day supervision of all students living in an EF residence.
- Provide positive role modeling for residents in areas of communications, decision-making, and problem solving.
- Responsible for assigned residents, including performing room checks and preparing and following up with weekly room check reports for the Housing and Maintenance teams.
- Assist residents with any questions, complaints, or concerns, as well as participating in a weekly activity with the students.
- Oversee check-ins and check-outs during weekend shifts and help resolve any issues that may occur during night shifts.
- Communicate in an effective manner with co-workers regarding daily residence life activities.
- Assume a leadership role, particularly during crises, to calm students and provide effective solutions.
- Report any inconsistencies, conflicts or problematic situations to the School Director, Housing Director or Housing Coordinator.
- Respond appropriately and effectively to tasks assigned by the Housing Director.
- Ensure a safe environment for both residents and co-workers.
- Responsible for assisting minors if they need to see a doctor.
- Participate in meetings and training sessions, as scheduled.
- Bachelor's Degree or currently working on graduating with a Bachelor's Degree
- English Language Fluency
- Flexible Part-time Schedule for Full-year, Full-time for Summer
- Customer Service Experience, or Resident Advisor Experience
- Must possess PC skills including basic MS Office applications
- Innovative, organized, and attentive to detail
- Must be able to enforce school policies
- Must be social, fun and a team player
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.