Ready to take on real responsibilities, challenging workloads and be part of the team?
Reporting directly to the Admin & Housing Manager, the selected person will be the responsible to promote the welfare, supervision, well-being and satisfaction of International Students aged 16+ living in the EF residence during their stay studying with EF Barcelona.
The residence Advisor will work with us full time for approximately 6 months.
- Responsible of check in & out arrivals and departures the EF residence during weekends. Welcoming new students and making them feel right at home
- Assess the physical condition of rooms and the entire building before and after occupancy. An eye for quality and attention to detail is indispensable.
- Carrying out room checks and following up on action points
- Be available and on call to deal with any emergencies whilst on duty, including attending/supervising hospital visits outside working hours.
- Implement and deliver exciting Activity Programme to our students
- Act as a tour guide on trips
- Have a strong interest in providing excellent customer service
- Consider the student's interests, stay flexible
- Maintain a great relationship with staff and students in the school
- Work as a team-player to best respond to the students' and teams' needs
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude in approaching challenging situations.
- Be eager to take the lead, and use all the tools at your disposal to ensure we are delivering a great product at all times
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and English
- Third language is a strong plus.
- Excellent people skills, warm and friendly professional attitude
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm & positive under pressure
- Flexible attitude to work hours and creative problem solver- the job is fun and rewarding but intense
- A self-starter who is able and willing to take initiative and ownership of the roles, working with minimal supervision
- This is an on call- live-in position as 24/7 supervision is needed with evening and weekend duties on a shift pattern
- Creative with an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Great attention to detail
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and perform under pressure
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.