Hult International Business School is seeking to fill a Program Director/Assistant Dean position for its Boston Campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The primary role of the position is to manage one or more of the post-graduate academic programs we offer.
As Program Director/Assistant Dean, you will support the Academic Dean of Hult International Business School in Cambridge, MA to maintain the highest academic and student service standards. To accomplish this, you will keep a high profile with our student body in order to support and advise them on academic and disciplinary matters, provide faculty with on-going administrative support with regard to the advising and care of students, partner with academic program faculty on pedagogy advancements, help interpret and implement policy, promote academic program quality by improving efficiencies and processes, establish tools and metrics for program evaluation and assessment, serve on external and internal committees related to program design, curriculum planning, academic quality or accreditation. You will also oversee academic-related social functions and extracurricular projects. You will function as the crucial bridge between Hult’s student body and its administration, serving as the primary driver to ensure a meaningful and impactful student experience and academic journey.
Talents and skills:
* You believe in a global education and embrace cultural diversity in your school.
* You insist on the highest academic and service standards to provide your students with a transformational business education.
* Your students trust and respect you. You are deft at explaining or enforcing school policies and can help your students make wise academic decisions.
* You are exceptionally well-organized, with excellent attention to detail.
* You are a team player and can work cross-functionally and collaboratively to incorporate the very latest innovations and best practices into our curriculum. However, you are also comfortable with taking initiative and being independent.
* You are results-driven and hands-on. You believe nothing is impossible—if you have the right attitude and a little entrepreneurial spirit and are a creative problem-solver.
* You are an excellent written and oral communicator with developed presentation skills
* You thrive under pressure and enjoy fast-paced work environments.
* Master’s degree in a relevant business major. PhD or other terminal degree is preferred.
* 3-5 years of experience in relevant higher education roles. A proven track record in administration and experience in an academic environment is preferable.
* International work or study experience is a big plus.
* IT proficient in use of standard software to manage data, interpret reports, and generate professional, well-presented documents and presentations, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Able to work from the Boston campus (Cambridge, MA)
* Ability to attend occasional activities, events, and functions outside of normal school hours.
* Native English speaker or similar level of written and spoken English
This role is ideal for candidates who are seeking leadership roles in the following areas: student administration, student services, academic counseling, curriculum development, programming
Application close date: Until filled
Position start date: Summer 2021
Please note that you must have the right to work in the United States to be considered for this position.
Hult is a new kind of non-profit business school that constantly innovates to meet the needs of students, employers, and society in a world that is changing faster than ever before. More than a business school, Hult is a dynamic and multicultural community that educates, inspires, and connects some of the most forward-thinking business talent from around the world.
What we do
Hult International Business School is a non-profit educational pioneer and the first triple accredited US business school. Ranked by the Financial Times, Economist, Forbes, and Bloomberg Businessweek, Hult offers undergraduate, graduate, and executive education programs across its global campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York. The school’s philosophy is that business skills can only truly be learned by doing. By immersing students from all over the world in practical, hands-on experiences from day one, this fresh approach to education is creating a global community of confident, entrepreneurially minded graduates, ready to tackle the challenges of tomorrow.
Solving problems and overcoming challenges is what our students do: all year, every year. We bring together creative, open-minded people from all over the world to find solutions to the world’s most pressing issues by doing business, not just studying it. So they graduate with the skills and the mindset to be ready for anything.
And now we’re looking for talented workforce that think the same way.
We seek to promote an environment for our students, faculty, and staff that welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, sexual identities, abilities, and personal circumstances in a spirit of inclusivity and belonging. At Hult, we believe that it’s through our diversity that we find our strength.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world. By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Equal opportunities at Hult
Hult is dedicated to actively creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing opportunity regardless of gender, religion, race, color, sexual identity, disability, ethnicity, age, and all the individual identities that make us unique. If you require any accommodation to assist you in the interview process, please submit this with your inquiry.
Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, empathetic, and highly multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we’d love to hear from you.
Hult International Business School is a 501©(3) non-profit educational organization registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) to award U.S. degrees. Students are awarded a joint U.S. and U.K. degree on successful completion of the program. The U.K. degree is awarded by the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, known as Ashridge, with which Hult has a strategic alliance.