EF Educational Tours is currently looking for an ambitious, energetic and enthusiastic candidate for the position of Production Specialist to join our Operations department at our Headquarters in Zürich, Switzerland.
As a Production Specialist for the UK, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of programs in Europe which will be country and regionally specific. By working closely with colleagues across the Operations department, your main role is to ensure a beautiful experience for our customers both leading up to, and during the program.
In your role you will also liaise with our Sales and Product Innovation teams situated in North America, to help develop itineraries and educational content in our programs.
Main areas of responsibility
- Production Management- build and execute on a booking strategy for each experience (activity, meal, guides) which meets cost and capacity limitations in line with set quality standards.
- Tour Ownership - responsible for overall tour flow, customer experience and consistently tracking our quality KPIs scores (NPS, Overall On Tour Experience, Stay ratings) for all programs under your portfolio.
- Project Management - for Major Entrance Fees and/or responsible for coordinating bookings process & oversee the execution of production in their regions and being the department point person.
- Product development - improve logistics for each itinerary minimizing travel time and costs and maximizing educational value and customer satisfaction. Through deeper analysis of your Programs, you will be expected to provided expert insights to help drive improvement in customer experience and product innovation.
- Risk and Safety Management– proactively manage and monitor potential risk exposure and safety concerns, as well as manage all on tour emergencies within portfolio.
- Quality Management for regions of expertise - working with supplier evaluations, understanding customer needs, collaborating with the Procurement team on the needs of the region.
- Customer experience - Deliver on customer requests and preferences by maintaining clear communication with suppliers and Tour Directors. Support our sales staff with expert product knowledge to help them sell and adequately prepare our customers before traveling.
- Cross-team Collaboration – you will work closely with many of our departments in Operations, such as Procurement, Tour Directors, Finance, Itinerary and Budget Management, Invoicing and Flights. You will also collaborate with other departments oversees in Canada and the US, such as Sales, Customer experience and Market development.
- Innovation and Tour Maintenance – you will be the expert for the region of your portfolio. In collaboration with our sales and market development team, you will provide with new ideas for activities, new tours, enhancing and developing current tours.
- Technology - contribute to the development of technology solutions and the continuous improvement of current tools and processes.
- Looks for ways to improve and inspires colleagues to do the same
- Spreads positive energy and makes the workplace a fun environment
- Strives to create a collaborative and dynamic environment on day to day basis
- Shares information and identified best practices openly with colleagues
- Puts the customer in the center and is service minded
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in business, economics, or tourism
- Experience in the travel, tourism, educational travel, or online travel agency industry along with a strong interest and network in these fields is preferred
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service
- Fluency in English, and other European languages advantageous
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and good working knowledge of Excel
To be considered for this role, applicants must either be Swiss citizens, EU-nationals or have the legal right to live and work in Switzerland.
EF Educational Tours allows educators in North America to incorporate international travel into their lesson plans. Our escorted tours, known as the Global Classroom, bring student groups to experience first-hand the very best historic, cultural, and natural sites in the world. For more detailed information, please visit us on www.eftours.com.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.