Start Date: 1st July 2021
EF Educational Tours is currently looking for an energetic and enthusiastic professional for the position of Procurement Specialist for the LATAM region to join our Operations department in Panama City, Panama. As a Procurement Specialist, you will be procuring cost-effective and quality services and solutions. This position will report to the Director of Procurement and will work closely with suppliers and EF functions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Procurement, Negotiation & Contracting – leading negotiations of pricing and commercial terms for the assigned categories, geographies, and suppliers, while also scouting the market for potential new suppliers
- Cost & Quality Management– meeting cost and process efficiency targets by giving EF access to favorable pricing and conditions whilst maintaining a high standard of quality and customer satisfaction
- Inventory Management – analyze, procure, and process adequate inventory levels to meet forecasted demand
- Strategy& Execution – actively participating in setting and delivering on mid to long term strategic direction and supplier segmentation for the area of responsibility
- Supplier Relationship Management – manage relationships with current and potential supply base through the implementation of a SRM approach
- Risk & Safety Management – proactively manage and monitor potential risk exposure and safety concerns
- Budget & Cash Flow Management – continuously monitor, project, and deliver on costs according to a set plan, while also participating in the budget processes as part of the EF budget cycles
- Market Knowledge, Trends, & Innovation– being on the forefront of the supply market by consistently networking and researching within the industry, as well as gaining market insight into evolving trends in spend categories and geographies with a focus on bringing innovation to EF
Travelling is required for up to 40% of the time depending on the season, to be on the road learning the market, cultivating relationship with suppliers, and securing business agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in business, economics, or tourism
- Minimum 2 years of experience in services procurement, business management, or a similar field
- Experience in the travel, tourism, educational travel, or online travel agency industry along with a strong interest and network in these fields is preferred
- Strategic mindset whilst actively engaged to run day-to-day priorities
- Strong and proven analytical skills
- Agile and open-minded team player, with a solution oriented, innovative, and driven mentality
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong communication, negotiation skills and cultural awareness
- Proficient knowledge of Excel
- Business fluency in English and Spanish. Any other languages advantageous
To be considered for this role, applicants must either be Panamanian citizens or have the legal right to live and work in Panama (residency and work permit).
Please submit your CV & Cover Letter in English online. We will screen applications on a rolling basis.
EF Educational Tours allows educators in North America to incorporate international travel into their lesson plans. Our escorted tours, known as the Global Classroom, bring student groups to experience first-hand the very best historic, cultural, and natural sites in the world. For more detailed information, please visit us on www.eftours.com
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com/careers.