Operations Manager - Hult Boston
Reports to Senior Director of Operations
The Operations Manager plays a critical resource role of campus and are responsible for driving Hult’s culture through building operations, events, programs, and communication. We know that every interaction, email, and an act of kindness matters – no matter how big or small. The ability to work independently leading your own projects while communicating amongst a highly collaborative team and maintaining a friendly, positive attitude at all times is critical.
This role requires constant interaction with Hult and Education First stakeholders: students, staff, faculty, vendors, partners, and more. You will be able to represent extensive knowledge of Hult’s campuses, processes, and functions, which will allow you to provide the best possible experience for our community.
Some specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Management of 1 full-time staff member, and 4 student interns
- Develop, implement, and improve campus operational policies and procedures
- Represent campus through cross-functional knowledge of departments, facilities, students, staff, and faculty operations
- Plays a significant role in long-term planning and implementing change processes.
- Works closely with Senior Director of Operations on other special planning and departmental/campus/Global projects
- Oversees and reports weekly, monthly, quarterly, and process metrics through Salesforce LMS
- Identifies trends and assess opportunities to improve processes and execution
- Collaborates with other back-office team members to ensure seamless business execution, reinforce positive morale, and uphold company values
- Collaborates with transitions and onboarding team as needed.
- Manages pre-arrival data for campus during intake times.
- Raises and tracks issues and conflicts, remove barriers, resolve issues of medium complexity involving stakeholders and escalate to an appropriate level when required
- Assesses a variety of situations and provide clarity to team and stakeholders
- Establishes and maintains credible, professional relationships with all campus community members, and external vendors
- Stays up to date on industry regulations, trends, and technology
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field.
- 3-5 years professional experience in management, operations, and/or leadership.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including invoicing.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among staff, students, managers, partners, and employees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Speaks multiple languages a plus
- Passionate about Hult’s mission: We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world.
- Able to multitask and adapt quickly in high-distraction, ever-changing environments.
- A high energy and enthusiastic individual who thrives under
- Exceptionally well
- Passion for high standards of customer
- Proactive, results-oriented with a positive
Start date: as soon as the post is filled.
*Please note that you must have the right to work in the United States to be considered for this position.
Hult is a new kind of non-profit business school that constantly innovates to meet the needs of students, employers, and society in a world that is changing faster than ever before. More than a business school, Hult is a dynamic and multicultural community that educates, inspires, and connects some of the most forward-thinking business talent from around the world.
What we do
Hult International Business School is a non-profit educational pioneer and the first triple accredited US business school. Ranked by the Financial Times, Economist, Forbes, and Bloomberg Businessweek, Hult offers undergraduate, graduate, and executive education programs across its global campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York. The school’s philosophy is that business skills can only truly be learned by doing. By immersing students from all over the world in practical, hands-on experiences from day one, this fresh approach to education is creating a global community of confident, entrepreneurially minded graduates, ready to tackle the challenges of tomorrow.
Solving problems and overcoming challenges is what our students do: all year, every year. We bring together creative, open-minded people from all over the world to find solutions to the world’s most pressing issues by doing business, not just studying it. So they graduate with the skills and the mindset to be ready for anything.
And now we’re looking for talented workforce that think the same way.
We seek to promote an environment for our students, faculty, and staff that welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, sexual identities, abilities, and personal circumstances in a spirit of inclusivity and belonging. At Hult, we believe that it’s through our diversity that we find our strength.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world. By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Equal opportunities at Hult
Hult is dedicated to actively creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing opportunity regardless of gender, religion, race, color, sexual identity, disability, ethnicity, age, and all the individual identities that make us unique. If you require any accommodation to assist you in the interview process, please submit this with your inquiry.
Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, empathetic, and highly multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we’d love to hear from you.
Hult International Business School is a 501©(3) non-profit educational organization registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) to award U.S. degrees. Students are awarded a joint U.S. and U.K. degree on successful completion of the program. The U.K. degree is awarded by the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, known as Ashridge, with which Hult has a strategic alliance.