EF International Language Center of English is currently recruiting part-time ESL teachers to teach at our International Language Center on our Tarrytown, New York campus.
We are seeking candidates with immediate availability and preferably looking to fill long-term positions.
We offer a variety of different teaching schedules, including mornings and afternoons, along with partial-week schedules. Curriculum, supplemental resources, and both initial and ongoing training are provided. EF New York provides ongoing professional development to our instructors in the field of English language teaching.
Classes are delivered in a hybrid setting, with both face-to-face and online classes. Immediate positions available for face-to-face teaching. EF New York campus strictly follows both NY State Department of Health and CDC regulations, such as requiring masks for all staff and students, maintaining 6ft of distance in the classroom, limiting traffic in hallways, etc. Also, routine testing of students and staff is conducted to ensure a safe working environment.
Duties and responsibilities: Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Teach scheduled contact hours as scheduled by Academic Management
- Provide high quality classes using our Efekta™ blended learning program
- Complete the necessary administrative work required for classes in a timely manner
- Prepare materials and resources relevant to your classes, including handouts, quizzes, tests, and assignments as needed for each course
- Help students with queries they may have and communicate this with the appropriate department
- Actively participate in teacher meetings and all staff development activities
- University degree or equivalent
- TEFL certificate or 1-year ESL teaching experience required
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Highly motivated, proactive, and positive
- Organized and thorough and able to work well under pressure and within strict time constraints
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with good attention to detail
- The ability to provide exceptional customer service to large volumes of students on a daily basis
- Experience with standardized ESL exams, such as TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge is a plus
EF New York provides ongoing professional development to our instructors in the field of English language teaching. Additionally, EF will sponsor up to three modules of the TKT dependent upon duration of employment. Learn more about the benefits of teaching for EF International Language Center / New York here: http://tinyurl.com/efnewyorkcareers
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.