Key Account Manager – EF Corporate Solutions
We are seeking a B2B Account Manager in Tokyo to work with some of Japan’s largest companies – helping them to advance their global strategic objectives by improving their employees' intercultural communication, language and leadership skills.
This is a sales hunter and relationship manager position. This job requires persistence, a strategic mindset and creativity, and has huge potential for the right person. You will be a strategic consultant – helping your clients address their most significant global challenges around managing and developing talent. In the process, you'll help thousands of professionals enhance their communication and leadership skills and gain critical tools for advancing their own career growth.
What will your goals be?
- Become quickly recognised by your clients as a trusted advisor and consultant who can help them reach their business goals through strategic investments in English language learning and leadership programmes
- Be recognised and celebrated by our global organisation for delivering your commitments and exceeding expectations in terms of sales
How will we help you succeed? To achieve these ambitious goals, you will:
- Join an amazing, diverse team who thrive on delivering great projects, are hungry to learn and who embrace a vision that we can always improve on our personal best.
- Draw on the best product stack available on the market. We offer premium cutting-edge educational products that you can sell with confidence.
- Have a well-designed database of high potential companies to engage – mainly Fortune 1000 and other leading companies across various industries – so you can map and identify new business opportunities in Japan.
- Proactively collaborate with other internal stakeholders to help you drive the sales process forward through high levels of complexity – working closely with your local colleagues in Marketing, Business Development, and Customer Success, and also with your remote colleagues on other teams elsewhere in Asia, Europe, the US and across Latin America and the Middle East.
Who will succeed in this role?
We are looking for a person with 3+ years of successful B2B solutions selling experience, who speaks Japanese fluently and at least intermediate-level English. If you have experience working with education products and/or HR stakeholders, all the better. But most importantly, we are seeking a curious, driven, globally oriented salesperson who wants to build a career at a rapidly growing and extremely innovative education and travel company.
More specifically, you should be able to:
- Manage complex end-to-end B2B sales processes independently, using a consultative approach and executing needs analyses, value proposition definitions and negotiations with C-level stakeholders
- Understand the HR/L&D customer market and bring to bear that knowledge in conversations with C-level executives at some of Japan’s biggest companies.
Why is this an exciting opportunity?
EF is the world's largest private education company and we are both global and local. In this role, you will learn about trends in business around the world, while at the same time continuing to build your network and expertise in Japan and internationally. We offer the opportunity to be part of a great adventure in a dynamic and entrepreneurial global company that offers extensive career growth opportunities.
EF is both established and entrepreneurial. You will be trusted with charting your own path and will be able to draw on resources at a massive scale. We have been in the language business for over 55 years and are over 52,000 employees strong, with offices and schools in 115 countries.
Corporate education is a rapidly growing industry that is being disrupted by technology bringing exciting innovations in learning delivery. Building your expertise in this area will position you well for future growth. Our team regularly attends conferences and events to learn about key trends and we share our knowledge actively within one another to bring best practice to each client we serve.
EF Corporate Solutions is the B2B division of EF Education First, the largest privately-held education company in the world. We deliver large-scale language training solutions for business, education and government. We currently work with over 2,500 organizations in 116 countries, enabling them to achieve their goals by communicating better both internally and with the outside world.www.ef.com/corporate
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.