Who we are
EF provides life-changing education for global citizens. For over 50 years, our mission has been to give confidence and freedom to people of all ages, nationalities and backgrounds. With the desire to define your own path in life, and a little courage, EF opens a world of possibilities.
Today EF serves millions of students but tomorrow we’re aiming for hundreds of millions. Our mission for more than a decade has been to use technology to create a fundamentally better way to learn a language. We are working at the forefront of technology, creating ground-breaking work in speech recognition, virtual collaboration, and adaptive learning. And we’re hiring the best and brightest to keep us ahead of the game.
We are looking for a passionate individual that is willing to learn and grow to fit the increasingly demanding needs of infrastructure development for cloud environments. You will be working directly with our Solutions Architect to produce cloud-centric infrastructure automation, primarily but not exclusive to AWS. The successful applicant would join our central IT infrastructure and architecture team, helping deliver knowledge, key components and infrastructure to the rest of the business.
- Develop and maintain APIs to extend the capabilities already present on AWS and other cloud environments.
- Test and implement new pipelining processes for a variety of environments (Kubernetes, Serverless, Static Websites, etc.).
- Participate in the creation of standards around key cloud technologies.
- Occasionally work on user side implementations such as web portals and web applications.
- Test and implement large-scale infrastructure automation across cloud environments and multiple subscriptions/accounts.
- Leverage SaaS, IaaS to its full potential and extend their existing functionality where necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering or related fields.
- Experience with cloud: AWS, Azure or GCP (AWS is preferred).
- Experience implementing and interacting with APIs.
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages:
- C#/ .NET Core
- Have a basic understanding of network principles, such as Subnets and IP ranges, route tables, etc.
- Source Control Management such as GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, etc.
- Experience using pipelining tools such as Spinnaker, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Experience with Linux / Linux shell.
Nice to have
- Understanding of Linux package management (either Debian or Red Hat) and windows updates.
- Understanding / Experience with common command line tools such as:
- ifconfig / ip
- ssh / telnet
- Experience with serverless such as Lambda or Azure Functions.
- Experience with container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience using the AWS SDK, CDK or CloudFormation.
- Experience using Terraform, Ansible or other orchestration tools.
- The opportunity to have a positive, and genuine, impact on people’s lives.
- Work within a team that has a true passion for technology with plenty of opportunity to learn and grow.
- As a global company with premium offices worldwide, you will have a network of locales to exchange between as you grow.
- A competitive salary with 25 days holiday.
- Private medical insurance, and a wide array of employee benefits and support in place.
- Regular social activities, on-site coffee bar and gym.