EF Education First is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to open
the world through education and so far, we have helped over 15 million people learn a
language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
We are looking for part-time teachers for EF International Language School in Singapore.
The teacher will have academic responsibilities in the school, including but not limited to the below:
- Teach all levels and course types as directed by the Director of Studies (DOS), to plan all classes sufficiently and to mark students’ work
- Plan and deliver lectures and special interest (SPIN) courses as directed by the DOS
- Choose appropriate supplementary material and topics for classes. These must at all times demonstrate sensitivity to the multi-cultural and multi-ethnic student population in EF schools
- Attend and contribute to all school staff meetings which may take place after school hours
- Hold regular tutorials with students
- Input grades and attendance for students on Teachers’ App on a regular basis
- Administer regular tests to the class when necessary and to mark them and return all documents to DOS
- Maintain necessary paperwork as directed by the school administration and carry out administrative duties accordingly
- Attend internal and external CPD and training sessions whenever possible to ensure a continuing development and improvement of all teaching staff and the services EF offers.
Qualifications / Experience:
- University degree or equivalent
- Has finished a Japanese Teacher Training Course (420 hours) or passed the
Japanese Language Teaching Competency Test or finished the Japanese
Language teaching course at a university or graduate school as a main or sub major
- Relevant 2 years’ teaching Japanese language experience
- Experience in teaching with computers/laptops/PPTs
- Excellent written and spoken Japanese
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Able to interact well with students
- Flexible work hours
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.