Data and analytics sits at the heart of EF English Live and allows us to gain meaningful insights on our marketing effectiveness, interactions with customers and our customers’ use of our platform and products.
As Head of Data and Analytics, your role will be to work with our analytics team to take our use of data to the next level. You will be responsible for leveraging our product, customer journey, conversion funnel, and performance marketing data to produce actionable insights for our markets. You will design, create and maintain a scalable data platform and governance framework to ensure consistency of data and insight. You will accelerate our efforts to use machine learning to automate interactions with customers and make better data-driven decisions across the organisation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Defining and delivering an end-to-end data strategy to ensure English Live extracts the maximum benefit from our data.
- Day-to-day management of our data team - data scientists, engineers, web analysts and BI analysts – including upskilling and bringing on new resources as required.
- Taking full responsibility for our web analytics and performance marketing platforms, including working with the web development team to optimise our web analytics setup
- Exploring new and current use cases for machine learning and automation to optimise performance across the business.
- Ownership of reporting of key metrics across the business for management, heads of markets (e.g. EMEA, Asia, LATAM) and functions (e.g. performance marketing, customer engagement)
- Leading the development of visualisations and compelling storytelling to engage stakeholders in data trends and insights and drive improvements in conversion, ad spend ROI and customer retention.
- Working with the management team to lead the transformation to data-led decision based on robust, insightful, and timely analytics.
- Building partnerships with the data and analytics teams across EF to leverage the best of EF’s data practice and expertise for English Live.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in transforming the data and analytics strategy of an organisation and delivering tangible benefits and value to the business
- 3-5 years’ experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams of data and analytics professionals
- Strong analytical skills, including familiarity with data platforms and infrastructure (GA360, Big Query, Snowflake, Salesforce, AWS, SQL)
- All round experience in web analytics, including a working knowledge of best practices in collection, reporting, and analysis of website and web user data
- Pragmatic and commercial outlook, understanding the need to deliver at pace whilst maintaining quality and consistency of data and processes
- A proactive, constructive, and committed attitude
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, creative, flexible and adaptable to new situations
Compensation: Competitive, subject to experience
About EF English Live
EF English Live is the world’s largest online English language learning business. We deliver English language learning across a number of digital channels, including self-study materials and live, teacher-led lessons, anytime, anywhere – at any ability level. We are on an exciting journey to launch new products and continue to revolutionise how languages are learned. We have a presence from LATAM to Japan and over 500 people working in various locations globally.
The team in London is a young, dynamic and international group of about 50 people.
We are part of EF, the world’s largest private education business providing life-changing education for global citizens. For over 50 years, our mission has been to give confidence and freedom to people of all ages, nationalities and backgrounds. We over 500 offices in over 50 countries.