EF International Language Campuses of English is currently recruiting Freelance Part-Time ESL teachers to teach in-person at our International Language Campus on our Shibuya campus.
We are seeking candidates with immediate availability.
We offer a variety of different teaching schedules, with most classes being held in the afternoon Monday through Friday. Curriculum, supplemental resources, and both initial and ongoing training are provided.
Classes are delivered both face-to-face and online, with the majority being taught in-person at our campus. EF Tokyo campus strictly follows health and safety guidelines, such as requiring masks for all staff and students, maintaining social distancing, limiting traffic in hallways, etc.
Duties and responsibilities: Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Teach scheduled classes hours as scheduled by Academic Management
- Provide high quality classes using our Efekta™ blended learning program
- Complete the necessary administrative work required for classes in a timely manner
- Prepare materials and resources relevant to your classes, including project work, quizzes, tests, and assignments as needed for each course
- Help students with queries they may have and communicate this with the appropriate department
- Actively participate in teacher meetings and all staff development activities
- University degree or equivalent
- CELTA/TEFL certificate or equivalent
- Minimum 1-year ESL teaching experience required
- Fully fluent in English
- Highly motivated, proactive, and positive
- Organized and thorough and able to work well under pressure and within strict time constraints
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with good attention to detail
- The ability to provide exceptional customer service to students on a daily basis
- Experience with standardized ESL exams, such as TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge is a plus (No Need)
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.