EF International Language Centers in Santa Barbara is looking to hire approximately 20 additional teachers for this coming summer. We are preparing to welcome students to our school and want to offer the best classroom experience possible. We are looking for energetic, dynamic, and fun personalities that understand and are enthusiastic about working with international youth within the ESL world. For more than 30 years EF Santa Barbara has delivered excellence in ESL courses and previously won the title of EF’s Best Language Center, out of 43 schools worldwide.
Key responsibilities include:
- Teach the assigned number of periods per week
- Participate in student and faculty orientations as assigned
- Participate in student testing (proctoring, (oral) testing, correcting)/evaluate weekly
- Prepare a comprehensive syllabus for General English and Special Interest classes/create curriculum
- Prepare handouts, quizzes, tests, and assignments as needed for each course and make these available to other instructors who teach the same classes and/or school teaching files
- Actively participate in teacher meetings and all staff development activities
- Participate in Academic Year graduation ceremonies and activities as assigned
- Participate in on-going curriculum evaluations and revisions
- Hold or organize lectures/culture series presentations as assigned
- Administrative duties as assigned
Must have a BA or BS degree; TEFL certificate and previous ESL experience. M.A. TESOL a plus. Applicants with a great deal of teaching experience without all the qualifications above will be considered. We are looking for teachers who can teach grammar, writing, communication skills, as well as special interest classes such as TOEFL, TOEIC and Business English to a range of levels of students. Overseas teaching experience and foreign language ability are an advantage.
We are offering part-time and full-time, temporary, contract teaching positions that may lead to other opportunities during the school year.
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.