Employee Experience Coordinator
EF Education First
* In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues—even from home. We will get back to the office on September 8. At that time, please note that this role will be based fulltime in our Boston office 5 days/week.
If you are passionate about office culture, love to deliver exceptional service and experiences, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we want to meet you!
As Employee Experience Coordinator, your main duty will be to assist and support our community of 1,000+ employees at EF’s North American headquarters. You will be a central figure on campus, flawlessly manning our front desk while maintaining high productivity and a level head when juggling multiple projects and priorities.
This role requires constant interaction with all of EF’s stakeholders: staff, customers, vendors, community partners, and more. In short, you will be the face of EF to everyone who walks in our doors, so a friendly, positive demeanor is critical. As the go-to resource for these groups, you will gain extensive knowledge of EF’s business and our Boston-based teams. This intel will allow you to provide the best possible service to these stakeholders, as well as identify opportunities to improve our existing offerings.
Who are we? The Employee Experience team is the hosts of EF Center Boston, responsible for driving our one-of-a-kind EF culture through events, programs, communication, and office environment. We know that every interaction, email, and act of kindness matters – no matter how big or small. Our ultimate goal is simple: to make EF the very best place to work.
Some specific tasks for the Employee Experience Coordinator role include, but are not limited to:
- Answering our general office phone line and transferring customers to the correct department
- Welcoming and directing guests on campus
- Facilitating daily employee office requests such as general office Q&A, conference room bookings, and paycheck pickup
- Collaborating on larger team projects that speak to your interests and passions, be it our epic summer party, Black History Month offerings, Earth Day engagement, and more
- Managing event registration and attendance
- Being the eyes and the ears of the office, gathering authentic feedback and the “pulse of the people” to inform offerings
- Creating content for our internal communication channels from our staff intranet site to our office Instagram
- Negotiating and maintaining relationships with vendors for staff perks/benefits
- Researching ways to innovate and develop staff culture
Who You Are:
- Passionate about EF’s mission of “Opening the world through education”
- Intensely service-minded (experience in the service industry a plus!)
- Exhilarated by the idea of hosting a dinner party for 50 guests on less than 24 hours’ notice
- Self-driven and independent with exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Positive, high energy – ready to be EF’s hype person
- ‘Attention to detail’ might as well be your middle name
- Able to multitask and adapt quickly in highly-distracting, ever-changing environments
- Creative, both in terms of thinking on your toes and coming up with new ideas
- Equally as comfortable wearing a costume to promote an office-wide event as you are tracking items in Excel
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Work in our North American Headquarters where you’ll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming, and employee-run social groups (including our “EF-finity” groups: Black@EF, LGBTQ+@EF, LatinX+@EF, API@EF, Indigenous@EF, and Parents@EF).
In addition, you can expect:
- Commitment to professional growth: robust monthly calendar of trainings, workshops and TED Talk style sessions
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two), in addition to nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Market-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits including onsite and virtual classes run by EF instructors and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- $1,500 annual tuition reimbursement and $500 annual charity matching
- EF Product Discounts (discounts on travel, international language schools, childcare with our Au Pair product and more)
- Dependent care, healthcare and commuter Flex Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About EF Education First:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at ef.com.