Are you curious, confident, and interested in shaping business decisions using machine learning and data analytics? Furthermore, do you want to work with the world’s biggest Language Company in the world? Then please read on! We are looking for a Data Scientist to be based in our headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland.
EF International Language Campuses is using a variety of data science approaches to generate actionable insights and drive business strategy. We are looking for new highly skilled tech profiles to join the team and build the future of data analytics at EF.
- Taking part in the further development of our predictive models and work on new models
- Work with large complex data sets to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems applying advanced analytical methods as needed
- Manage and optimize a live application to predict real-time customer value
- Conduct end-to-end analysis including data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables and presentations
- Collaborate with business customers to understand needs, recommend strategy enhancements and deploy predictive analytics across multiple platforms
- Present technical issues to non-technical audiences
- You will work in a highly international company with development offices in Zurich, London, Shanghai, Boston and Bangalore
- You are creative and like challenging problems
- You are curious and want to stay on top of new technologies
- You have an entrepreneurial drive and focus on progress and results
- You are a team-player and have an agile mind-set
- You are hands-on with an attention to details and quality
- Master / PhD degree in Math, Statistics, CS, or other quantitative disciplines
- 2+ years of practical experience in predictive modelling and analytics, including experience in using data analytics to articulate business questions, and translating technical/analysis results into business recommendations
- Extensive knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, time series forecasting, and feature selection
- Hands-on experience with model testing and deployment and familiarity with CI/CD deployment pipelines
- Proficient in Python, including common data science libraries (numpy, pandas, sklearn, pytorch), familiarity with R is a plus
- Good understanding of data structures and experience with data querying tools (SQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Proficient in Git or other version control systems
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services
- Experience with data visualization tools (Qlik, PowerBI, Tableau etc.)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to manage multiple goals and deadlines
- Fluency in English
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.