EF Educational Tours
As a Data Scientist within EF Educational Tours (ET), your work will help teachers and students discover more about the world and themselves through experiential, international travel. You’ll see a project from start to finish. You’ll help the business find areas of opportunity, perform more efficiently, and implement more data-driven strategies. You’ll be given the freedom, flexibility, and support to dive deep into a problem, brainstorm solutions, and work with others to turn those solutions into reality.
This position will be part of the Finance and Strategy team, which works with different stakeholders across ET and the EF organization at large to analyze, interpret and make sound business decisions driven by data. The team is comprised of analysts and managers who focus on financial reporting, pricing, data analysis, business intelligence, systems, and processes to help drive the business forward.
What we are looking for:
- Curiosity, an eye for detail, passion, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with predictive modeling, machine learning, and/or data-driven research
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Proficiency in R or Python
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to translate analytical results into a language that anyone can understand
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or a related field
Why you’ll love working here:
- Benefits include a competitive base salary and 25% company match on your 401(k).
- Expand your worldview with paid international business travel plus three weeks of paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two).
- We believe our business, like our world, is better when we embrace diversity.
- EF is proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan.
- Stay healthy with on-site fitness classes, take advantage of discounts to local gyms or join an EF health and wellness organization like our Run Club.
- Build your network by joining one of EF’s employee resource groups, or an EF-inity group such as LGBTQ+ @EF, Black@EF, API@EF, Indigenous@EF, Latinx+@EF Jewish@EF & Parents@EF.
- We work in an open environment without a cubicle in sight.
- You will also enjoy comprehensive professional development, free in-house language classes, and a yearly stipend for continued education.
- Explore the neighborhood with discounts to local businesses, concert tickets and sporting events.
- Explore the world with discounts to hotels and flights as well as paid international travel.
- Enjoy our in-house bar, restaurant, hair salon and fitness center
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.