EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to break down barriers in language, culture, and geography and so far, we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. We have 500 schools and offices in over 50 countries and employs over 52,000 staff and teachers. In today’s increasingly complex and interdependent world our mission is more relevant than ever.
This role is a crucial part of our EdTech Data team. We’re a lean and agile group of Data Engineers and Data Scientist focused on building modern cloud-based infrastructure to enable ML for Education. You will be contributing to our event-based, streaming data platform that enables real time insights for teachers and students in the classroom or when studying remotely online.
Our current EdTech stack is based on AWS and Tencent Cloud and includes Kafka, Kinesis, Databricks, Airflow, dbt & Snowflake and ClickHouse but you will also work with the wider business to develop ETL processes to move data from multiple data sources into our data lake/ warehouse.
- Create and contribute to a data platform that enables self-service analytics and creates the foundation for data science applications across our businesses.
- Build batch and streaming pipelines for the purpose of analysis & data science.
- Design, implement and maintain the data warehouse.
- Support and maintain existing production services.
We ask that you have
- Bachelor’s degree in quantities fields, e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Data warehousing System.
- AWS or Tencent cloud expertise.
- Experience with data warehousing (Snowflake, ClickHouse, SQL Server, PostgreSQL or similar).
- Experience with Agile methodologies and practices.
- Experience using distributed version control systems (e.g. git, mercurial).
- Experience in developing data processing applications in Python.
- Experience working with streaming data sources (Apache Kafka).
- Excellent verbal and written skills in order to effectively communicate with partner teams.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in big data/machine learning is a plus.
We offer a flexible working environment with a lot of autonomy. You’ll have the opportunity to shape our data and tech stack and find/ explore opportunities that impact our growth and how our customers learn. We’re a highly motivated team, like to challenge each other and collaborate closely on key projects.