As the Country Product Manager you manage the department like a small business and are involved in all facets of its success including strategy development, sales and marketing, goal setting, staff management, budgeting, marketing materials production, etc.
This is a key management position with 2-3 direct reports and the ideal candidate should be proactive and able to multitask from day one. You should be comfortable doing all aspects of the job: telesales, screening candidates, hiring and training office and field staff, visiting schools/universities, managing a budget, etc. We are looking for an ambitious, organized and results-driven professional who will innovate and inspire new ways of working to drive future growth.
With over 55 years of experience, EF Education First is the world leader in international education. With our language and study abroad programs in more than 50 destinations in 20+ countries, EF is fulfilling the dream of thousands of people of all ages: learning a language, studying abroad and discovering the world.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Conduct sales of our education programs through telesales and face-to-face interactions with potential customers;
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns, including planning for offsite marketing events, fairs and presentations;
- Organize pre- and post-sales customer service to parents and students, including administrative tasks (e.g., visa, pre-departure logistics)
- Motivate and provide guidance to the sales team to consistently meet sales goals
- Manage the budget for your product and work independently within the budget guidelines
- Develop and foster relationships within our global organization
- Weekend and public holiday shifts are occasionally required
Ideal Personal Qualities:
- Entrepreneurial spirit – a real “self-starter” with personal motivation who thrives in a start-up like environment
- Willingness to "roll up your sleeves"; no task is too big or too small
- Ability to think outside the box - scrappy, creative ideas to expand the business and grow sales
- Goal oriented, competitive spirit
- Charismatic, positive and passionate in their personality
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage conflict
- Well-organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment
Ideal Professional Qualities:
- A University degree;
- 5+ years of related work experience;
- Fluency in Cantonese and English (written and spoken) essential, Mandarin is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- A hunger to gain management experience and grow the business;
- Proven sales capability and ability to manage towards targets
- Energetic, flexible personality and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability to prioritize, meet challenging deadlines and perform under pressure;
- Overseas studying / working experience and love of travel would be a big plus
What we offer our employees?
- An international, dynamic, non-hierarchical and friendly work environment
- Competitive base salary with performance based bonuses and incentives
- Dental, travel and medical insurance
- MPF contribution
- Travel opportunities at our EF schools abroad
- Exciting opportunities for personal and career development
- Staff discounts on gym and yoga
- EF program discount for yourself and family members
- Team events and parties (Halloween, Christmas, Lunar New Year, Summer Party and much more)
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 500 offices and schools across 54 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
We are travelers, innovators, doers and thinkers. We are open and collaborative, we are dedicated and passionate – we really work hard, then play hard. We believe that education can break down barriers of language, culture and geography and we are proud of the role that we can play in that.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.