This is a 1 year fixed-term, maternity leave contract.
You will be joining a global team of passionate Career Development Advisors who excel at coaching students to win jobs. For many of our campuses, like London, Boston, San Francisco, and Dubai, we support students to win jobs “out of market” or in a region in which they don’t have natural work rights. Our students have achieved exceptional success with 99% making a switch in role, function or industry. Although finding work outside of home market is challenging, we like to say that the only limit on success is the extent of one’s imagination, will, and drive.
As a Maternity Cover Career Development Advisor for the London Postgraduate campus, you will be responsible for inspiring, guiding, and directing students as they explore career options, define a target, plan their go to market strategy, and secure their next employment after Hult.
- Career Skilling - In partnership with campus staff, organize and execute employability curriculum and a series of interactive workshops covering all career and job search fundamentals – Resume, LinkedIn, Personal Branding, Networking, Pitching, Interviewing, …
- Career Platform - As a leader in educational methodologies, Hult uses a “hybrid” approach for skilling. Students have access to online tools and resources that allow them to learn at their own pace and on their own timeline. Contribute resources and knowledge to the platform, and forward to students curated materials, insights and advise on an ongoing basis. Direct, train, and teach students on how to use Hult online Career Platform.
- Career Advising – Present and advertise the Global ROADmap and provide coaching sessions as defined by the Hult program. This includes facilitating group career coaching and peer group coaching sessions to enable students to share learnings and job leads. Provide 1:1 coaching sessions to support students in identifying target jobs and establishing an action plan for achieving job success. Set student expectations about starting early on the career journey and taking advantage of the program.
- Career Connections – Curate and facilitate connections between students and the larger Hult community - Alumni, faculty, staff, local employers, other students, clubs and associations, specialized coaches and mentors, etc.
- General - Maintain student career portal and class information, keep case notes on every visit, participate in gathering employment statistics: pull reports frequently to monitor student career progress, and base advise, action and initiatives on student career data. Partner with academic staff to support the student throughout the year; act as the single point of contact and continuity for all career-related matters.
- Belief in and desire to participate in the Hult mission for educating, inspiring and empowering students from more than 150 different countries, to carve a career path in international business, and transform their lives and the lives of others in the process.
- Familiarity with recruitment practices, most in-demand roles and skills and overall market dynamics, regionally and nationally. Deep knowledge and network in one or more functional areas and/or one or more industry sectors is highly valued.
- Keen interest in understanding and communicating regional employment opportunities. Strong sense of local, regional and global business and related hiring trends. General awareness of global employment opportunities.
- Previous career advisory and/or recruitment experience and knowledge of student development and career counselling practices is highly valued but not a show stopper - assessment tools, career planning models, career communications including social media, and job search execution.
- Talent recruiters looking to make a job change are encouraged to apply.
- Exceptional facilitation and presentation skills in both formal and informal settings, ability to effectively and enthusiastically present to and interact with students, one on one, in facilitated classroom, online and workshop formats.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven operations / event facilitation / project management skills.
- Savvy with technology. Can learn and navigate fluidly between student tools and platforms.
- International work experience and exposure to multicultural environments is a plus.
- Familiarity with the employment landscape for international students is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree required, everything additional including postgraduate degrees, certificates, credentials, formal trainings is highly valued.
- Quick learner with an interest in becoming a world-class global career advisor. Drive to know each student; passion to support them to be the best they can be.
- Resourceful, Curious, Sustained Positive Energy.
Please note that you must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this position.
Hult is a new kind of non-profit business school that constantly innovates to meet the needs of students, employers, and society in a world that is changing faster than ever before. More than a business school, Hult is a dynamic and multicultural community that educates, inspires, and connects some of the most forward-thinking business talent from around the world.
What we do
Hult International Business School is a non-profit educational pioneer and the first triple accredited US business school. Ranked by the Financial Times, Economist, Forbes, and Bloomberg Businessweek, Hult offers undergraduate, graduate, and executive education programs across its global campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York. The school’s philosophy is that business skills can only truly be learned by doing. By immersing students from all over the world in practical, hands-on experiences from day one, this fresh approach to education is creating a global community of confident, entrepreneurially minded graduates, ready to tackle the challenges of tomorrow.
Solving problems and overcoming challenges is what our students do: all year, every year. We bring together creative, open-minded people from all over the world to find solutions to the world’s most pressing issues by doing business, not just studying it. So they graduate with the skills and the mindset to be ready for anything.
And now we’re looking for talented workforce that think the same way.
We seek to promote an environment for our students, faculty, and staff that welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, sexual identities, abilities, and personal circumstances in a spirit of inclusivity and belonging. At Hult, we believe that it’s through our diversity that we find our strength.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world. By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Equal opportunities at Hult
Hult is dedicated to actively creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing opportunity regardless of gender, religion, race, color, sexual identity, disability, ethnicity, age, and all the individual identities that make us unique. If you require any accommodation to assist you in the interview process, please submit this with your inquiry.
Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, empathetic, and highly multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we’d love to hear from you.
Hult International Business School is a 501©(3) non-profit educational organization registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) to award U.S. degrees. Students are awarded a joint U.S. and U.K. degree on successful completion of the program. The U.K. degree is awarded by the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, known as Ashridge, with which Hult has a strategic alliance.