About Cultural Care:
At Cultural Care Au Pair, we believe that cultural exchange has the power to make the world a more welcoming, understanding, and open place. We build global families by bringing together international
visitors with American host families—providing meaningful childcare for families, an unforgettable year in America for au pairs, and a culturally enriching experience for both parties.
We are proud to be the largest and most experienced au pair organization in the world, having successfully placed more than 120,000 au pairs into welcoming American homes since 1989. Our program is strictly regulated, and our dedicated staff all over the world work together to ensure each participant has the experience of a lifetime.
Here at Cultural Care, we are a team of problem-solvers, relationship-builders, and innovators who are constantly thinking about how we can improve our program experience, respond to micro- and macro-level
challenges, and stay relevant to our global audiences.
About the role:
You are a natural relationship builder, and truly enjoy working with people. If you thrive independently while striving towards a greater team goal and want to play a major role in keeping our cultural exchange program healthy and vibrant for years to come, this job may be perfect for you.
Use your superior communication skills and timely responsiveness in this highly visible position within our company. Working mostly through phone and email communication, you serve as the primary resource of information and problem solving for our host families, au pairs, Local Childcare Consultants (LCCs) and colleagues. You will work directly with our experienced team of LCCs to ensure our program remains compliant with the regulations set forth by the Department of State and ensure our host families uphold their financial responsibilities of the program. With every inquiry, you proactively add value to the overall customer experience by remaining positive and thorough, taking ownership of resolution and anticipating their future needs.
This role gives insight into every aspect of our organization, setting up the right candidate for future growth opportunities within Cultural Care and greater EF.
- A strong communicator- Effectively communicate with customers and colleagues on a regular basis. This includes but is not limited to being able to speak to a family about a past due balance, an au pair who needs help with a missed flight or a colleague regarding Department of State regulations that pertain to our program.
- Strategic- Able to organize daily tasks in order to be efficient and deliberate in accomplishing goals.
- Goal-oriented- Motivated to attain weekly, monthly and annual personal and department goals.
- Flexible- Can pivot and adapt quickly to new processes in order to meet company and customer needs.
- Collaborative- Highly-skilled in being informative with fellow departments to provide the best overall customer experience.
- Analytical- Comfortable with numbers and being able to read spread sheets.
- Creative- Share fresh ideas on ways we can improve staff efficiency and the customer experience.
- Resilient- A natural ability to have a challenging conversation and speak to the next customer immediately with empathy and an open mind.
- 1-2 years of work experience, preferably in customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A natural motivator and connector, bringing passion and enthusiasm to a team
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Ability to manage high volumes of calls, emails and tasks daily
- Strong attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Proficient in working with deadlines
- Access to high speed internet connection
- Currently, a dedicated home office & quiet space to work
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Work in our downtown office where you’ll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming, office-wide sports leagues, and employee-run social groups (including our “EFinity” groups: Black@EF, LGBTQ+@EF, LatinX@EF, API@EF, and Parents@EF). And did we mention the free coffee, beer, and Kombucha on tap?! You can also expect:
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two) and nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits including onsite and virtual classes run by EF instructors, and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- $1500 annual tuition reimbursement and $500 annual charity matching
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
- Compensation: First-year Account Manager on-target earnings of $40,000 ($37,000 salary and $3,000 overtime)
millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and
academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you
are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender
identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF Equal Opportunity Employment Statement:
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, parental status, Veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with everything we believe in and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate the laws and regulations in the locations in which we operate.