Role: Account Executive (Tour Consultant)
EF Division: Educational Tours - International
Location: Denver, CO
Start Date: September 2021
***In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues -- even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in Summer/Fall of 2021, and this role will be based in our Denver office at that time.***
As an Educational Tour Consultant, you’ll oversee a geographic territory in the United States and run it like it’s your own business. Your mission? To inspire educators to show their students the world, serving as their partner to create international travel programs at their schools. In this sales role, you’ll work at its intersection with marketing, customer retention, operations, and product innovation, to name a few. To achieve success, you’ll create your territory’s roadmap to sustainable growth, resolve business challenges, and work with a diverse set of colleagues from across the world that will result in a beautiful customer experience. Our sales strategy emphasizes long-term relationships and consultative conversations. We will onboard you, train you, and support your continued career development with our comprehensive Entrepreneurial Sales Development Program.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and grow a geographic territory of existing and prospective clients
- Work with middle and high school teachers to launch international travel programs
- Run your territory like a business—identifying, developing and executing opportunities to drive growth
- Acquire new customers, and grow existing key accounts, to help more students and educators discover the world
- Forecast and deliver key account metrics (monthly and quarterly sales projections and goals)
- Refine your sales techniques and support customers through email, phone, online presentations, and in-person meetings
- Support your customers every step of the way—from inspiring them to lead a tour, to helping them recruit student travelers, preparing them for departure, ensuring they enjoy their time on tour and return home safely.
- Collaborate with our internal operations teams to ensure the successful delivery of your client’s travel experiences
- Sell a product that truly changes students’ lives by being fearless, focused and having fun! And you travel too!
How You’ll Grow and Develop:
As an Educational Tour Consultant, you’ll join our multi-year Entrepreneurial Sales Development Program that is designed to transform you into a fearless business owner and entrepreneur. As our name implies, at Education First your education comes first. We focus on cultivating your sales technique, entrepreneurial spirit, and professional skillsets. We want you to not just have a job at EF—we want you to have a career. We’ve helped our people grow into senior sales, marketing, operations, finance, technology or anywhere else your skills and passions can help our business grow.
Who You Are:
People from all different professional and educational backgrounds have thrived in this role. Here’s what they have in common—sound like you?
- You’re eager to start, or expand, your career in sales with a role that offers real responsibility and accountability
- You’re fiercely competitive, in a nice, team player sort-of-way
- You’re a great persuasive communicator and natural networkers who loves talking to people
- You don’t subscribe to the phrase, “that’s not my job”
- You nail the details while moving quickly, never losing sight of the big picture
- You know that you can sell and you’re not afraid to prove it
- You want to be part of a team that motivates and inspires you
- Going above and beyond is the only way you do things
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Work in our downtown office where you’ll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming, office-wide sports leagues, and employee-run social groups (including our “EFinity” groups: Black@EF, LGBTQ+@EF, Latinos@EF, API@EF, and Parents@EF). And did we mention the free coffee, beer, and Kombucha on tap?! You can also expect:
- Paid international travel at least once a year (more as you grow with us)
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two) and nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits including onsite and virtual classes run by EF instructors, and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- $1500 annual tuition reimbursement and $500 annual charity matching
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
- Compensation: First-year Tour Consultants earn a base salary of $40,000 with an additional bonus potential of up to $10,000; salary and bonus opportunity increase each year based on performance.
About Your Future Employer:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com