Job Title: Academic Operations Manager – E1 Kids and Teens, China Franchise
Location: Shanghai Head Office, EF Education First China
Your mission: Transform the lives of thousands of students by being the driving force behind the quality delivery of EF’s academic programs in EF Kids and Teens schools in over 15 cities. Engage and equip all levels to provide the very best language learning experience in over 35 EF centers across China.
As an AOM (Academic Operations Manager), you would set direction for school leadership in all matters related to academic quality and operations.
The AOM would provide oversight, management, and coaching to regional teams, including teachers, Directors of Studies, and other senior school managers. Other duties include driving innovative national projects that change our operations for the better.
The role will be reporting to the National Production Director of E1 China Franchise
And frequent continued communication with the following roles is expected:
- Regional Director (CNFRA Central)
- Regional Service Manger (CNFRA Central)
- Regional Sales Manager (CNFRA Central)
- Academic Training Manager (CNFRA Central)
- National Academic Recruitment and Certification Director (CNFRA Central)
Who we are
- We’re problem-solvers – we think of national strategies but implement locally
- We’re teachers and academics – we train at all levels
- We’re developers of people – we coach Directors of Studies and Production Managers
- We’re frequent travelers – and we love discovering China
- We have presence in over 50 cities in China and over 190 schools
- We’re organized and driven - and we have really high standards
Who you are
- You are a strong executor who can make things happen through collaboration
- Someone who has learned by doing, you believe in the power of experiential education and you have demonstrated experience in implementing change to drive student growth or improve satisfaction as well as student results
- You have a minimum of 5 years teaching experience in ESL and preferably a diploma level qualification or an MA in TESOL
- You have a minimum of 3 years in academic management preferably as Senior DoS or Production Manager. You’re a role model for leadership.
- The challenge of coming up with innovative solutions to seemingly impossible problems excites you, especially when it comes to improving teaching quality and customer satisfaction
As a member of the Academic Operations Management team, you will be a driving force in accelerating student growth. You will strategically identify challenges and opportunities for EF Kids and Teens to improve student results, increase customer satisfaction and implement EF programs and systems to according to EF standard. You will review academic operations in schools to see what is working – and then coach, train, consult with local managers to make them even better.
Be involved in every aspect of our operations: whether it’s working with our sales and service teams to help schools grow student numbers or our marketing gurus to bring the best academic programs to market or with our operations team to create more efficient operations, you play an important role in putting it all together so our students benefit.
And you will work closely with product development teams here in Shanghai to implement the very best EF Kids and Teens products. From the big picture view to “no detail too small”, approach all your school visits with one goal in mind: constant improvement.
You will receive:
- Competitive compensation and outstanding benefits
- Opportunity to travel all over China
- A strong voice within the organization
- A mandate to put your entrepreneurial spirit to the test and impact the business