Sr. Product Marketing Manager
- Toronto, Canada
Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who you'll be joining:
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is looking for a new Senior Product Marketing Manager to grow our Home Monitoring business. Working directly with the home monitoring product team, diverse distribution channels, and the broader marketing team, you’ll drive business results while thinking creatively about how to evolve our home monitoring solution. You will have the opportunity to work on hardware products and subscription services to expand the ecobee ecosystem.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Own key product and/or service P&Ls within the Home Monitoring business unit and, working cross-functionally, identify and execute opportunities to drive revenue, market share and profitability
- Develop business plans for new generation hardware products and subscription services and lead the go-to-market strategy and execution
- Leverage knowledge of the market, competitive landscape, customer insights and best practices to deliver pricing, packaging and positioning strategies, and inform home monitoring multi-year strategy and roadmap; collaborate with the product team on feature development and prioritization that drives favourable customer outcomes
- Collaborate with the home monitoring leadership team to set quarterly objectives and key results for the business line and lead and facilitate discussions with senior management on results, plans and strategy.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Proven years of experience in product marketing, strategy, product management or growth, with hardware products and B2C subscriptions
- A proven track-record of successfully developing product roadmaps, crafting positioning and go-to-market strategies, and effectively executing in-market to hit KPIs.
- You are a collaborator and embrace working cross-functionally to gain alignment and bring great ideas to fruition
- You pride yourself on being an effective communicator with any and all audiences, and you leverage this skill to gain buy-in, overcome issues, achieve results
- As a self-starter and natural leader, you are comfortable with ambiguity and will take a position or engage in a tough conversation to drive your business forward
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What we'll bring to the table
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware, software and service-based consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st 2021.
How does this affect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and onboarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and on boarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Back to top