Project Manager, Netsuite ERP Implementation
- Toronto, Canada
Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who’ll You Be Joining:
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain and Operations, you have a depth of experience managing ERP and MRP implementations within Netsuite or similar systems.
This is a high impact role that requires strong leadership & team skills and the ability to understand business processes and needs from multiple teams and translating them into the configuration of the software. Once we have a clear business requirement, you will manage the development and Netsuite changes work prior to releasing to production (test) and own both the roll out, training and documentation
This role will also be tasked to look at our current Netsuite processes/configuration and identify opportunities to leverage the existing system to drive automation, improve reporting and reduce the manual “check points” we currently have in place.
Success will come from your ability to understand the business need and ability to balance competing requirements to find a solution that allows ecobee operations to scale as the business grows.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Identify and implement Netsuite and systems improvements while partnering with the Netsuite Developer on the Scalability team.
- Identify the business need and the Netsuite changes required to support the business need.
- Where development work is needed, create the business case and ensure the effort/cost is supported by the value we will achieve.
- Prioritize the work for the Scalability team and manage this prioritization.
- Translate business requirements into software configuration and be able to explain to the end users how how the software configuration will address their specific needs
- Provide all required information to ensure the Netsuite Developer has everything they need to effectively and efficiently implement the required solution.
- Work with other key stake holders (Sales / Manufacturing / eCommerce / CS / 3PL’s / Suppliers) to ensure we have clear understanding of their business needs and incorporate into the Prioritization process.
- Own the successful implementation of changes once the Scalability team completes their development work and ensure the business value is achieved.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- You progressive years of experience working in ERP/MRP implementations (You have several examples of successful implementations!)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to influence decision making
- Experience in Requirement Analysis, Functional Spec Design, Technical Architecture & Design, Development, Testing, Release
- Strong understanding of Netsuite modules and functionality.
- Strong project management and task/time co-ordination is required
- Understanding of supply chain processes and requirements.
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st 2021.
How does this affect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and onboarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and on boarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Back to top