HR Business Partner
- Toronto, Canada
Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us in 2020!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who’ll You Be Joining:
ecobee’s world class HR team is looking for a seasoned HR professional to help support our ever-growing hive. This role will work with Sales, Marketing & Product client groups of highly skilled and passionate employees who work on developing, marketing and selling the products we launch to homes across North America!
You will have the opportunity to work on all things employee engagement, performance management, compensation and employee relations. In this role, you will partner with your client groups and get to work closely with our greater HR team! Reporting to our Director HR we are looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves to help make ecobee the best place to work.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- You will play a strong role in recognizing and supporting a performance driven culture with a focus on talent management, coaching and mentoring leaders (from first time managers to seasoned executive) and complex employee relations
- Understanding business goals, you will recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to support business objectives, productivity and development of HR within our teams
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition team to help develop, retain and engage high potential and high performing ecopeeps
- With a hands-on approach, you will work with our employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- With ~100 employees to support, you are comfortable with a high-volume workload and are happy to jump in when needed
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Experience working in HR (within a scaling and/or technology organization is an asset)
- You excel in building relationships and people at all levels are comfortable in confiding in you
- Conflict resolution is where you excel and you are excited to see growth being made within your teams
- You are someone who leaders turn to for help and advice on how to manage their teams
- You’re a textbook of information when it comes to knowing HR law and regulations
- Experience working in a rapidly scaling company where you’re able to manage several projects
- You describe yourself as hyper organized and detail oriented
- Experience with HR tools such as UltiPro, Culture Amp etc. would be an asset
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
Through trial and error, we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. However, what’s more important to us than a number is the experiences you’ve had and the skills you’ve developed—regardless of the length of time it took to get where you are. Do you have 20+ years of experience? Awesome, please apply. Have only 3 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, send us your resume.
What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st 2021.
How does this affect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and onboarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and onboarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely, and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Back to top