Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us in 2020!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who You'll Be Joining
Joining the QA Department, you’ll work closely with the Product Stakeholders, UX designers, Developers, and other QA Engineers in a cross-functional agile environment. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to and get your hands on a variety of tools, gadgets, frameworks, and technologies. You will learn and shape the world of IoT.
How You'll Make an Impact
You will advocate quality, verify and validate, analyze and lower risks, and automate tests to help build great products. Your testing starts early in the cycle and your ideas and opinion matters from planning to deployment.
Whether you are testing monolithic applications or microservices, or writing and executing unit, integration, and end-to-end tests for our applications running the latest web technologies, there are always exciting things to work on!
What You'll Bring to the Table
We've built the following list as a guideline for some of the skills and interests we've seen in QA Engineers - but we strive to build our team with members from a diverse background and skill set, so if any combination of these apply to you, we’d love to chat!
- A critical thinker with passion for quality and software testing
- Your curiosity and resourcefulness allow you to not only find problems but to also provide creative solutions for solving them
- Extensive experience on software testing techniques, methodologies, and tools
- You’ve used Selenium, TestCafe, or similar frameworks
- Comfortable with Web, API, backend, integration, performance/load/stress, and security testing
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and/or Deployment using Jenkins, CircleCI or similar
- Experience in Linux, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of web services, networking, distributed systems, cloud services, Apache Tomcat, GraphQL
- You enjoy working in an agile environment
What We'll Bring to the Table
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st 2021.
How does this affect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and onboarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and on boarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.