We’re ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
We invented the world’s first smart wifi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation in technology that is connecting the home. We know that ideas come from everywhere and our collaborative team encourages innovation. We create new solutions to old problems and nurture curiosity day-in and day-out. We're rapidly expanding and looking for smart people to join the hive!
Who you are:
You like to continuously challenge yourself by finding new and better ways to solve complex problems. You don’t mind learning new technologies if it means getting you there sooner. The bigger the challenge, the better. You have at least one year of experience coding in Java.
What you'll do:
As a Software Developer you’ll use leading edge technologies to innovate highly-concurrent, Java-based server applications that directly impact ecobee’s success. You may work on deploying applications within ecobee's infrastructure as well as AWS and Google Cloud Platform. We encourage the freedom to investigate and evaluate new technologies to solve complex problems. As a result, your input will have a significant impact on our company and products. The team mindset is entrepreneurial and futuristic. We thrive on solving complex problems with elegant solutions without taking shortcuts along the way.
We look for experience in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Performance, unit testing, and debugging skills
- Writing scripts for automation
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Software engineering fundamentals, such as: data structures (hash tables, lists, sets), algorithms and their time complexity, and computer architecture (registers, stack, heap, etc.)
Bonus marks if you have:
- Experience with Linux systems administration and theory (processes management, file systems and permissions, kernel tuning, package management, performance monitoring, selinux /apparmor, user security, and sudo)
- Knowledge of security best practices (encryption fundamentals, SQL injection, XSS, buffer overflow, and authentication/authorization strategies)
- Love for Open Source technologies
Here, you’ll have a chance to not only love what you do but change the way the whole world thinks about energy and innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top