Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us in 2020!
We're a rapidly growing tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution!
Who you'll be joining:
Our Embedded Chapter is made up of 20+ Embedded Developers with a wide variety of specialties, skill sets, backgrounds, and experiences. They aim to bring their Embedded experience to the cross-functional squads that they are a part of, with a focus on collaboration, learning, development.
The Test Fixtures team utilizes a wide variety of hardware and software solutions to ensure our products are tested both accurately and thoroughly. Some hardware examples may include cameras used for vision testing, complex measurement systems or robotics for motion control. Software systems we are responsible for include the manufacturing firmware to interface with production test equipment, as well as software responsible for data collection and analysis via databases and dashboards.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
As an Automation Engineer on our Test Fixtures team, you will be a lead player for development and integration of automated software that controls our fixtures in high volume manufacturing.
Aside from test fixture development, you will also be responsible for supporting test fixtures in the field, providing both software updates and guidance to our contract manufacturer to improve production line throughput and decrease failures.
Finally, you will be responsible for systems that collect and analyze massive amounts of data produced by manufacturing processes. This data is used by many of our teams for critical decision making.
To accomplish all of this, at any given time you may be working closely with developers from other teams as well as our QA, Product Management, Manufacturing, Hardware teams and third-party tech companies on integrations.
What You'll bring to the table
We've built the following list as a guideline for some of the skills and interests we've seen in Embedded Developers and Test Fixture Development - but we strive to build our team with members from a diverse background and skill set, so if any combination of these apply to you we'd love to chat!
- C#/C++ development experience.
- Object-oriented design and coding skills with knowledge of data structures and design patterns.
- Familiarity with databases (SQL and/or no-SQL) with experience in data analysis and visualization
- Commercial off the shelf (COTS) instrumentation experience by means of interfacing with automated test solutions.
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE) experience used for PCBA level and End of Line test is an asset.
- Yield analysis, test time reduction and cost reduction experience would be an asset
- Just so you know: successfully hired candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.
What we'll bring to the table
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware, software and service-based consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st 2021.
How does this affect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and onboarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and on boarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.