Want to work for a mission-driven company that digitally maps soil with machine learning to help sustainably produce food and reverse climate change?
EarthOptics is a growing AgTech company developing tools that help farmers more sustainably manage their soil, increase yields, and feed the growing world. Join our team as a Field Technician to support our mission!
Our Field Operations team is consistently expanding to new farms and locations every day. If you meet our qualifications but don't see the right location, we'd still love to hear from you! We are currently open to connecting with talent based in the continental United States, and especially interested in connecting with talent based in:
- Central and Western Iowa
- Eastern and Central Nebraska
- Eastern and Central Kansas
- Southern South Dakota
- Southern Illinois
- Northern Mississippi
Even if you do not currently live in one of those regions, but meet our qualifications, we welcome you to still apply.
By completing this application, we will keep you on file for future openings near you. While we may not have a current need in your area, we would love to open the lines of communication and keep in touch!
More about the potential opportunity...
At EarthOptics, we work with a diverse team, and on your first day, you will be paired with a Senior Field Technician who will guide you through the protocols, prepare sample bags and labels for soil sampling, and equipment inspection before driving to our designated work area. Once on-site, you will use an all-terrain vehicle to collect soil samples at predesignated locations as well as scan the field with our EMI system. Throughout the day, we foster a collaborative and supportive work environment with other Field Technicians, Group Leads, Program Managers, and support staff.
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Travel: Travel is required approximately 75% of the time.
- The budgeted range starts at $20 to $25 per hour. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Bonuses based on the total number and types of samples collected.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in field crop, grassland, and timber research while collecting valuable field data.
- Maintain and transport equipment to field sites.
- Work closely with the Group Team Lead to receive training and guidance.
- Travel to research sites, including out-of-state locations.
- Document processes and best practices.
- Operate vehicles and machinery safely.
- Follow company procedures and protocols.
- Collaborate with technical teams and share information across the organization.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to perform physical work in outdoor environments, including collecting soil samples and loading/unloading equipment.
- Willingness to travel and work for extended periods, including overnight stays (up to 10 days at a time).
- Capability to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Proficiency in operating computers and electronic devices.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality (candidates must sign a non-disclosure agreement if hired).
- Possession of a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
What would make you stand out:
- Preference given to candidates with farm, grassland, timber, or field research experience and/or educational credentials in agronomy or engineering fields.
- Positive attitude and ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently.
What we can offer:
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
EarthOptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, national origin, age, marital, parental, veteran or disability status.