As a Dynatrace Regional Sales Director you will be challenged with driving revenue growth, managing and managing our Federal Government Sales Representatives to prospect, retain, grow, and maintain the assigned territory. You will be recognized as a sales leader throughout the company – setting the tone and pace for your specified region. This role will report into the VP, Sales ANZ based in Sydney.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial sales leader - someone who thrives in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment where you will be developing and executing sales strategies, mentoring your team through leadership, and strategically partnering with groups across the organization.
The role is Canberra based.
- 10 - 15 years of software sales management experience within the Australian Federal IT industry, with demonstrable success track record.
- Ability to hire and coach sales executives.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent and persuasive oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- Sense of urgency, action-oriented, results-oriented, and closing techniques.
- Sales skills; prospecting, qualification, verbal presentation, and closing.
- Experience in the generation of sales revenues through new and existing accounts that your team will be assigned.
- Extensive account management experience across net new, growth, renewal sales, consultative selling, managing sales cycles, maintaining client relationships.
- Negotiating and closing clients.
- Demonstrated history of closing business opportunities, building long-term relationships, and consistently meeting and/or exceeding quota.
- History of attaining revenue and performance goals as well as the maintenance of a customer base.
- Meet or exceed revenue and/or activity quota through solution selling - high energy, self-motivated and persistent.
- Ability to present to large and small audiences.
- Business and technical acumen in the IT management and multi-cloud spaces.
- Demonstrated experience in the SaaS world.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and mentor your sales team by provide ongoing software sales training, coaching & best practices.
- Conduct weekly progress meetings with the sales team (both individual and team meetings).
- Accurate short- and long-term business performance forecasting.
- The ideal candidate has a vast network with CIOs, IT directors, and Digital Leaders among federal customers and spends most of their time with the team in front of customers to help position Dynatrace and articulate the unique value proposition.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive strategy that maximizes Dynatrace´s opportunities, building and executing robust territory plans to maximize revenue, new logos, growth and renewals for existing customers.
- Develop and manages a sustainable product sales pipeline to meet forecasted revenue targets, accurately predicting sales on weekly/monthly basis.
- Monitor and provide feedback regarding competitor products and industry needs.
- Participates in strategic and tactical planning. Direct sales activities by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals. Analyze to determine the effectiveness of your sales strategy and goals.
- Sells and promotes Dynatrace products to customers including positioning a business value framework as part of the justification process, as well as handling negotiations (pricing and terms & conditions),
- Prospect, build and maintain an annual sales plan (goals) in support of organizational strategy and objectives to meet or exceed revenue goals (monthly, quarterly, and annual).
- Meet with prospects and strategize with sales representatives with negotiating and closing deals.
- Prepare weekly/monthly sales reports showing sales pipeline, potential sales, activities, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Develop long-term, strategic relationships with key contacts within strategic accounts (typically larger accounts and targets); as well as with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Strategically partner with Marketing, Sales Engineers, Services, Product Development, Customer Support, and other functional teams to determine the best approach to promoting Dynatrace products and services, regularly interacting with these teams across functional areas to ensure objectives are met or issues are escalated/solved as required.