Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
D&B Small Business is a business unit within Finance and Risk that focuses on the needs of micro and small businesses. The charter for the team is to enable transformation of our D&B Small Business technology stack into consolidated modern, stable and extendable platform to bring intuitive user experience, global coverage and scalability with our more advanced workflow, automation and integration capabilities to meet the current and future needs of our clients.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing highly scalable, distributed software systems, focused on the frontend. In addition, you will work closely with a geographically distributed cross functional software development teams as well as product managers, operational teams, vendors and program managers; execute and improve on industry best SDLC practices that will help modernize our products and platforms; drive innovation and collaborate with technologists across the organization to elevate our team; accelerate our time to market by reducing code complexity; build partner integrations into our customer-facing applications and be involved in exciting initiatives to consolidate multiple applications into a platform to simplify commonalities and leverage tools for efficiency. You are a creative thinker who enjoys developing & architectural breakdown of designs while moving a team toward delivering specific objectives. You work well with others and understand the power of teamwork in order to solve problems effectively. A team environment is fostered and is one where you will be involved in decision-making, architecture, design, implementation, administration, and maintenance of the applications and tools powering our products.
- Hands-on development, architectural breakdown and design review of software across (front-end/back-end) in a polyglot programming environment.
- Identify, plan and ensure successful incremental execution of application modernization, re-platform and refactoring efforts.
- Lead software debugging, monitoring and performance optimizations.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other Application Development teams to prioritize initiatives and to plan resources effectively.
- Participate on 24x7 on-call rotation along with team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering with strong computer science fundamentals
- Experience working in a fast-paced, Agile methodology environment
- 5 + years of experience developing Cloud-based web applications with REST APIs, databases and storage.
- Advanced knowledge of React and the React ecosystem (bundlers, state managers, network libraries)
- Knowledge of high-availability system design, architecture, cloud technologies, SQL databases, open source, and web technologies.
- Understanding of diverse API paradigms (REST, GraphQL, Procedural)
- AngularJS and Web Components knowledge a plus, not required
- Knowledge of browser ecosystem, tools and web security
- Strong knowledge in Git repository management
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top