Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
Credibility is a business unit within Finance and Risk Solutions that focuses on solving the business challenges of micro and small businesses. The team of enables transformation of our Credibility technology stack into consolidated modern, stable and scalable platform to deliver intuitive user experience, global coverage and scalability with our more advanced workflow, automation, and integration capabilities to meet the current and future needs of our clients.
- The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for developing highly scalable, distributed software systems, focused on the frontend.
- This role works closely with a geographically distributed cross functional software development teams as well as product managers, operational teams, vendors and program managers.
- In this role, you will execute and improve on industry best SDLC practices that will help modernize our products and platforms.
- You will drive innovation and collaborate with technologists across the organization to elevate our team.
- You will accelerate our time to market by reducing code complexity,
- We value creative thinkers who enjoy developing & architectural breakdown of designs while moving a team toward delivering specific objectives.
- You will work well with others and understand the power of teamwork in order to solve problems effectively.
- We foster a team environment where you will be involved in decision-making, architecture, design, implementation, administration, and maintenance of the applications and tools powering our products.
- In this role, you will build partner integrations into our customer-facing applications and be involved in exciting initiatives to consolidate multiple applications into a platform to simplify commonalities and leverage tools for efficiency.
- Core capabilities include web development, stakeholder management, agile/lean, team engagement, process control, software testing, staff planning and product support.
- While every individual will have a unique and different blend of these skills, we are looking for a dynamic frontend focused engineer who knows how to leverage his/her knowledge and experience to deliver modern and effective software solutions.
Essential Key Responsibilities:
- Hands-on development, architectural breakdown and design review of software across (front-end/back-end) in a polyglot programming environment.
- Identify, plan and ensure successful incremental execution of application modernization, re-platform and refactoring efforts.
- Lead software debugging, monitoring and performance optimizations.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other Application Development teams to prioritize initiatives and to plan resources effectively.
Participate on 24x7 on-call rotation along with team members
Education/Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering with strong computer science fundamentals
- Experience working in a fast-paced, Agile methodology environment
- 5 + years of experience developing Cloud-based web applications with REST APIs, databases and storage.
- Advanced knowledge of React and the React ecosystem (bundlers, state managers, network libraries)
- Knowledge of high-availability system design, architecture, cloud technologies, SQL databases, open source, and web technologies.
- Understanding of diverse API paradigms (REST, GraphQL, Procedural)
AngularJS and Web Components knowledge a plus, not required
- Knowledge of browser ecosystem, tools and web security
- Strong knowledge in Git repository management
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top