Senior Software Engineer (Distribution Technology)
- Hyderabad, India
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Distribution Technology team. Working as part of an Agile scrum team you will be a responsible part of a group responsible for implementing, maintaining and supporting both on premise and Cloud based applications for our custom developed solutions.
As a senior Software Development Engineer in the Distribution Technology team you will join a team of brilliant, friendly and energetic solutions architects, developers, QA engineers and Project Managers who strive to deliver best in class custom solutions to our customers. Are you someone that can thrive in a high energy, high growth, fast paced environment? Then you might be just who we are looking for.
• Develop platform capabilities to meet business requirements
• Determine operational feasibility of proposed solutions
• Validate solutions using proof of concepts and prototypes
• Collaborate with developers and operations teams to build and deploy custom solutions in AWS
• Write simple code (low maintenance, extensibility, testability and performance)
• Collaborate with the team to take advantage of new concepts/technologies
• Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services at scale
• Support and develop software engineers by providing advice and coaching
• Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
• Solid understanding of Agile methodology and the ability to recognize opportunities for enhancement and continuous improvement
• Interact with a diverse group of technologists and business team members including offshore team members
• Coordinate and manage work with globally distributed teams
• Process Orientated, adhering to all relevant Policies, Processes, and Standards
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of experience in software development
• 3+ years of experience in Big Data Tech stack (Hadoop , MapReduce , Apache Spark , Apache Beam)
• Expert in Java, Spark/Scala, SQL queries, and Object Oriented Programming
• Experience contributing to distributed systems using frameworks such as Hadoop/Spark.
• Experience delivering solutions in AWS, utilizing a broad set of the AWS services available (including but not limited to Lambda, SNS, SQS, S3, Kinesis)
• Experience of code quality reporting using tools and applying unit testing techniques using frameworks
• Solid understanding of High Availability, Systems Design, Architecture, Cloud Technologies, Databases, Open Source and Web technologies.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Experience writing and shipping customer-facing code
• Knowledge of Unix, PL-SQL and Informatica a plus
• Experience with Agile methodology and the ability to recognize opportunities for enhancement and continuous improvement.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top