Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
Communicating with internal and external audiences has been more important during the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether that is engaging an army of home-based employees who are unable to work in the office, finding creative and compelling new ways to increase brand awareness in a virtual world, or exploring opportunities to work with new stakeholders in the 'new normal'.
Dun & Bradstreet is on its own transformational journey having been privatised and re-entered the public market within the space of 18 months. We have been proud to support the business community and government agencies through a turbulent period, by providing critical data and analytics to support decisions, mitigate risk and find opportunities for growth.
The Principal, External Communications will have responsibility for developing, managing and executing strategic public relations at the very highest level with a focus on elevating Dun & Bradstreet's brand across its international markets to support strategic goals. The successful candidate will have a hands-on, collaborative management style with a proven track record of delivering impactful and creative PR strategies, preferable across multiple countries and regions.
You will provide strategic direction across our international markets to build, grow and protect Dun & Bradstreet's brand including the integration of several high-profile acquisitions, working in close partnership with marketing leadership. You will be responsible for achieving the right balance between global consistency and tailoring to local audiences. In this role you will also be responsible for designing a new approach to employee communications strategy to suit our changing workplace environment. You will also be a strategic partner to the HR team on key change projects as well as increasing levels of employee engagement across our footprint. We are looking for someone who will be a trusted communications advisor to senior leadership across the international organisation.
What we're looking for
The postholder will be a seasoned communications professional with significant public relations, corporate and employee communications experience. You will be have successfully led multi-disciplinary communications team and / or agency resource across multiple countries. Your mission is to deliver strategic communications with the goals of increasing brand visibility, growing share of voice, increasing employee engagement and contributing to corporate growth. The Principal, External Communications needs to be a confident storyteller who can quickly capture the voice of executives while having the ability and confidence to make proactive recommendations; synthesize complex information on diverse subject matter; and integrate data gathered from multiple sources into clear, concise and inspiring communications. This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced leader to create and lead communications strategies that reflect Dun & Bradstreet's brand and support our growth strategy. The ability to work independently to determine appropriate communications priorities and identify the right channels and audiences for each message is essential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as a communications expert, identifying creative media opportunities, placing strategic stories and driving campaigns across both traditional and new media.
- Seeking out new and unexpected ways that our data and insights can be used to create compelling and newsworthy content and commentary.
- You will be responsible for editing and curating internally and externally facing content created by teams across our international markets in Europe and Asia. Content may include by-line articles, commentary, press releases, speeches, presentations and internal company emails.
- Lead a team of locally-based communications professionals across a range of countries and timezones, providing advice and support to aid their development and help them flourish.
- Prepare leaders and subject matter experts for internal and external interviews and speaking engagements as required.
- Drive effective management of PR and other creative agency support to ensure return on investment and a consistent approach across markets.
- Provide regular reporting and data to evaluate the success of both internal and external communications.
- Manage crisis/issues communications as needed.
- Significant senior communications experience including direct responsibility for corporate media relations and employee communications.
- Track record of executing PR strategies and securing high-level media coverage.
- Strong verbal, written and relationship skills, including excellent presentation and listening skills.
- Experience of leading major employee communications programs to drive engagement.
- Proven ability to understand complex business issues and how they impact the company's profitability.
- Cooperative and collaborative work style; must work with others across business units, functional departments, geographies and disciplines.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to operate independently and successfully within a dynamic team culture.
- Sound judgment and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.