Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
The Role: As a Data Engineer, you will be working as part of an agile scrum team as an analyst on a new, cutting edge cloud native platform designed to accumulate, derive meaning from, and apply stewardship to, large, diverse datasets. The role will share KPIs and collaborate closely with internal Data Owner teams, Technology Cloud Ops and SRE teams as well as engage directly with external source data providers and partners.
- Develop logical business rules instructing how to process, validate, transform and derive data using D&B protocols and standards
- Manage the implementation of the rules into production environments, adhering to required data management and governance practices
- Perform data analysis using a variety of database query and visualization tools to identify and understand issues or events
- Provide technical expertise in extracting, integrating, and analyzing critical data
- Enable decision-making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources to present it in a digestible and actionable format
- Write test case scenarios, prepare test data and perform User Acceptance testing
- Create documentation, reports and dashboards to support the effective management and operation of the platform
- 3 - 5 years of experience within a similar role
- Experience working as a member of one or more agile teams and SCRUM methodology
- Robust data knowledge preferably around business data sets with proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Strong SQL is a minimum requirement, familiarity with XML, JSON formats and querying a plus
- Knowledge of fundamental relational database technology
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate and build cross team relations
- Proven ability to drive results and to implement complex, technical, multi-organizational programs
- Passionate and curious about data with the ability to query and analyze datasets in order to drive fact- based decisions
- A Degree in Data Science, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Economics, Mathematics or similar
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.