Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
• Collaborate with Product Managers, User Experience Designers, Development team members and stakeholders to leverage customer insights to envision and elaborate on requirements and product UX that you will translate into user stories that can be understood by the software engineers and quality assurance engineers
• Perform product and technology analysis to assess scope, identify related implications and raise questions regarding work to be done to ensure the team has the full picture
• Produce timely and high-quality artifacts related work products including, process flows, mock-ups and wireframes as needed using a variety of modern tools
• Ensure user stories/requirements meet the business objectives of the stakeholders
• Prioritize the product backlog to align with the product vision and priorities within a topic/scrum
• Participate and present requirements in user story reviews with the software engineering scrum team (for globally distributed teams of developers on and offshore)
• Be able to agree on effective acceptance criteria in collaboration with product owner and scrum teams
• Participate in sprint planning to answer questions from the software engineering team and understand the implementation of the user stories and manage scope creep through change management processes
• Participate in sprint demos of software produced during the sprint to ensure the requirements were interpreted correctly
• Assist in the user interface design of the software products, including producing some wireframes or image mockups
• Participate and support testing of the software produced during the sprint in order to verify the work product meets the business objectives, as well as documenting any defects or issues and tracking resolution
• Define non-functional product requirements for the software engineering team and stakeholders
• Answer questions and clarify requirements for projects and enhancements during the estimation process
• Understand core systems, applications and technical platforms and develop key contacts and the relationships / impacts between products and these systems
• Evolve into a subject-matter expert who can easily liaise between IT and other departments
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or Business Management with comparable technical experience. MBA is a plus.
• 3-5 years of experience as a business analyst with significant experience in product software development for external customers with extensive requirements elicitation and documentation ability
• Expertise in modeling / mapping as-is and to-be business processes
• Experience with both Agile / Lean methodologies and traditional Waterfall SDLC
• Experience with working in Agile teams using SCRUM and KANBAN delivery process frameworks
• Experienced in test planning, test case development and execution
• Experience with Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, Skype, Microsoft Project, Office and Visio
• Ability to effectively interface with staff at all levels and negotiate or champion a position
• Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment
• High energy level, adaptive and a strong team player with a good work ethic
• BA certification a plus, Agile certification a plus
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet