Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is looking for an API Designer with deep passion for designing APIs that our customers will love to use. As a part of Service Governance team in Distribution Technology, you will join a team of brilliant, friendly and energetic API designers and data architects who strive to deliver best in class custom solutions to our customers. You will be a member of a global team, that helps in API management for our world-class APIs and driving Enterprise API strategy.
As an API Designer, you'll work closely with business stakeholders, architecture teams to understand customer needs and support product owners in API Design, Prototyping and Testing.
You will not only develop API specification adhering to standards, in-depth conceptual documentation for our APIs but also, responsible for maintaining website, build internal tools to generate how-to's.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to understand requirements and customer needs to design RESTful APIs along with API product owners.
- Create API Design following Open API specification 3 and best practices for RESTful design
- Produce configuration, mappings and sample code aiming at developers
- Timely publication of specification and other documentation that is aligned with frequent releases
- Create handover documentation to support organization - translate engineering documents into prescriptive content that enables customers to implement the usage scenarios in their own applications.
- Research, write and produce high-quality, rich technical content in easy-to-understand plain, clear and simple language for our APIs.
- Prototyping the API Design with tools like Stoplight, Prism
- Testing APIs with tools like Postman
- Own, maintain the documentation portals and build custom tools for internal use.
- Coordinate and work with globally distributed teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar work experience.
- Over all 6 - 8 yrs of experience
- Minimum 6 years of proven work experience in creating API Specification with Open API standards and RESTful design.
- Must have good knowledge in Open API specification 3, modern API security following OAuth2 and various specifications like JSON, SOAP, WSDL, XML, XSD, YMAL.
- Hands-on experience in using API Design Stack tools like Swagger, Stoplight and wiki-markup /HTML/JSON to create and manage technical publications
- Minimum 6 years of experience in designing and delivering solutions in any Public Cloud, preferably in AWS utilizing a broad set of services.
- Minimum 6 years of experience of creating documentation in HTML/PHP, maintaining CSS in an HTML editor and publish the content on a Website/Content Management System/Knowledge Base, or to GitHub.
- Good understanding of Database (SQL, NO-SQL), Operating systems (Windows, Linux)
- Should have knowledge in Agile framework and JIRA, Confluence.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be assertive in asking questions, and generally be resourceful in finding answers.
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new skills and technologies.
- Ability to work flexible hours overlapping with cross-shore teams as needed.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.