The Sales Representative is responsible for selling display advertising, lead generation packages, and other digital opportunities for Integrative Practitioner, a B2B integrative healthcare website owned and operated by Diversified Communications. This is primarily an outbound telephone sales role. The Sales Representative will work with the Sales Manager to implement strategies to attract new advertisers, qualify and solicit prospective advertisers, and partner with the Sales Manager to upsell exhibitors. The Sales Representative will engage in consultative relationships with clients to maximize their return by identifying their marketing objectives and budget and recommending appropriate digital advertising and lead generation products to meet their needs. The Sales Representative will be responsible for communicating the terms of the sales contract, securing fees, and reviewing campaign results with advertisers.
- Meet and exceed sales goals by establishing and maintaining customer relationships, with an emphasis on excellent customer service.
- Identify new prospects by researching competitive publications, online and at trade events, reviewing industry media for new product/company launches, and discovering new sectors that would complement Integrative Practitioner's offering and audience.
- Educate prospects on the benefits of and strategies for digital marketing.
- Collaborate with the Sales Manager to identify digital upsell opportunities within the Integrative Healthcare trade event exhibitors.
- Partner with marketing and product management to identify new advertising/marketing opportunities, based on customer feedback.
- Provide bi-weekly pipeline reports and revenue updates to Sales Manager.
- Present campaign results (provided by Marketing) to customers as a part of the renewal process.
- Assist Accounting with billing and collection efforts.
- Limited travel
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous sales background with a minimum of three to five years sales experience in an independent capacity.
- An understanding of online media and the ability to quickly and firmly grasp digital advertising and lead generation concepts.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in e-media sales strongly preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, a CRM such as Salesforce, and internet proficiency.
- High level of energy, outgoing personality, self-motivated, quick learner, and deadline driven. Results oriented with demonstrated history of success selling within a B2B environment.