GL CBS Intern
2024 Undergraduate CBS GL Finance Intern
- 13-month full time or part time undergraduate internship based in Scoresby
- Accounting Students - gain real world, practical experience
- Fully paid internship from 28.01.2024 to 14.02.2025
- We accept applications from International Students who are currently in Australia on their student visas.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That's what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
If you are an undergraduate Accounting student looking to jump start your career, we are offering a 13-month full time or part time internship based at our Scoresby office . This is a unique opportunity to gain skills and knowledge while you are working full time commencing 28th January 2024. In this role you will provide support to the wider Accounting Services team by financial accounting, compliance and control support to the team on ad hoc work. The role of the intern is to gain experience and development in their chosen field of study, whilst also gaining exposure to a global organisation's key operations and processes.
In this role you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Provide assistance with accounting month end activities
- Participate in financial reporting
- Prepare monthly journals
- Perform bank reconciliations and cashflows on a weekly basis
- Participates in continuous improvements projects
- Perform Balance Sheet reconciliations and assist with close activities
- Supports the Business Services Finance team in ad hoc activities and projects
To qualify for this undergraduate internship, it is essential that you:
- Are currently studying a Bachelor degree majoring in Accounting or similar.
- Have between 1 and 8 units of study left to complete of your undergraduate degree as of January 2024
- Are available for the full 13 months and be willing to defer your studies for that duration.
To be successful in this role, you will possess skills/or be able to perform:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Inquisitive nature
- Confidence in communicating with a range of stakeholders
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
How to apply:
- For all applications, please submit your resume, cover letter and academic transcript via the link provided.
- In your cover letter, please specify how many units of study you have remaining on your undergraduate degree and your motivation behind applying both to Cummins and this specific internship.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for All Women. Click here (link to our work180 page: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/cummins-australia/jobs ) to check out our Benefits.
Primary Location Australia-Victoria-Melbourne-Australia, Scoresby, Distributor RO BR 900
Job Type Cooperative / 12 Month Placement
Recruitment Job Type Student - Cooperative/12 Month Placement
Job Posting Sep 11, 2023, 10:14:15 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Organization Cummins Business Services
Role Category Hybrid - Potential for Partial Remote
Relocation Package Ineligible
Req ID: 23000605