Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking a Sr. Director of Claims to join our Claims team in San Dimas, CA. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization. We look to our Claims team to be the face of CSE and provide the best service possible to our policyholders. Our Claims team is built by individuals working towards a common goal of professional growth and providing the best possible service at all times.
Join CSE and be part of the excitement. You'll love our stuff!
In this role, reporting to the VP Claims, the Sr. Director of Claims is responsible for managing and motivating a staff of leaders and adjusters to achieve inspired levels of performance and expert execution of required claim processes. This individual supports the implementation of operational initiatives, Best Practices, procedures, protocols, vendor management, adherence to regulatory compliance, internal reports, management reports and inter/intra-departmental relations and communications. They will monitor staffing levels and workloads, provide coaching and mentoring, deliver compassionate service that is fast and fair, ultimately impacting strong retention. manage customer conflicts, develop goals office goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the planning and development of claims handling procedures and protocols to include adherence to our (Claims) standards, DOI regulatory obligations and best practices.
- Prepares and conducts staff performance evaluations, and in conjunction with Human Resources, makes salary, hiring, and termination recommendations.
- Creates a productive and supportive work environment of highly engaged employees
- Completion of audit questionnaires and delivering adjuster and management feedback monthly along with participation of corporate audit.
- Oversee and monitor selection as well as compliance of our independent adjusters and other vendor activities.
- Identify training needs and communicate the need with the training department. May perform training as needed.
- Maintain individual expertise by staying abreast of industry trends, reviewing industry periodicals, publications, especially, emerging casualty/property trends and changes in all operating states.
- Provide periodic updates to the Vice President Claims regarding conditions, developments, and trends.
- Defines and analyzes claims trend reporting to ensure key objectives are being met.
- Attend/participate in Claims Committee, roundtable discussions, departmental conferences, industry workshops and other department staff meetings, as directed.
- Maintain all company matters/issues confidentially.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of claims policies, procedures, and protocols; fair/unfair claims practices regulations, all operating states insurance codes and contracts, civil codes, vehicles codes, arbitration rules and regulations, and legal decisions.
- Legal knowledge and experience in litigation strategy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with field claims personnel, executive management, vendors and others necessary to accomplish goals.
- Management and time management skills required to effectively manage the audit/training programs;
- Ability to assist when called upon to resolve complex technical questions, problems and/or complaints;
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with field personnel, intra-departments, management, vendors, and agents.
- Effective communication, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills. Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team to achieve business results
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of Products
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum fifteen successful years of casualty/property experience with at least eight years in a leadership position.
- Advanced degree or equivalent designation preferred (CPCU, SCLA, CCLA, PCLA, AIC)
- Must have strong coaching and leadership skills
- Has highly advanced knowledge to support complex claims in breadth and/or depth of expert area
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose - to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.