Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking a Personal Lines Underwriter to join our Underwriting team based in Walnut Creek, CA, but we are open to remote workers from all over the US!. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization. This is an exciting time to be part of the CSE family. We are in the process of transforming ourselves and are looking for individuals who will be excited by the prospect of contributing to our success .
Join CSE and be part of the excitement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support a profitable book of business by accepting or rejecting new, renewal, and endorsement applications in accordance with company guidelines, with guidance from senior underwriters as needed.
- Ensure standards for timeliness are met; confirms data integrity for discounts, exposure base, etc.
- Establish and maintain relationships with agents to understand their needs and provide service that responds to their needs.
- Keep up-to-date with underwriting and/or product changes
- Contribute to business requirements, user acceptance testing and special projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - ability to work with marketing, product development staff and assigned agents.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills to ensure timeliness and quality of underwriting development.
- Currently working towards or willingness to obtain professional designation(s) and continued insurance education
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels and attain desired results.
- Must have the ability to collaborate with cross-functional team to achieve business results.
- Works well under stress and tight deadlines
- Effective communication, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-5 years of Personal Line Underwriting work experience
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose - to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.