At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We are looking for a research rockstar to join the Coinbase Marketing Insights team. The person in this role will demonstrate the ability to harness and translate insights into actionable MarComm plans and strategies and orient towards product and brand outcomes via foundational and go-to-market research and measurement. The successful candidate will build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams and be able to lead and execute in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Design and execute innovative research to support the both the Marketing and Communications teams and Coinbase at large, serving as a strategic partner to stakeholders.
- Transform business questions into research plans.
- Translate research findings into actionable insights that will have the effect of reaching hundreds of millions of people.
- Communicate effectively in order to motivate people to take action in marketing and across the organization.
- Develop and drive strategies with insights.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Experience with independently executing full-cycle research, from research design to reporting.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with extensive background in quantitative and qualitative research, including hands-on experience in survey/discussion guide development and data analysis (weighting, data cleaning, regression, etc.).
- Experience directing agencies/vendors to deliver results.
- Experience using research and data to influence executives and colleagues.
- Experience with audience understanding, positioning & messaging development, and measurement
- Experience with SPSS, R or other statistical analytics tools.
- Experience with survey programming tools.
- Experience with crypto/blockchain
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Experience conducting global research studies
- Experience working with or researching on developers or similar niche audiences
Job number: P53752
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please complete this intake form to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.