About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope has established the Office of Transformation, which is designed to lift the organization to realize its vision by partnering with leaders across the enterprise to drive and support our most important strategic priorities and key initiatives, as well as deliver an organizational culture of speed, focus, connectedness and enterprise. This team supports activities such as organizational strategy, operating model design, journey and change support, project management, process improvement, strategic planning, and strategic initiative performance management.
Reporting to the Director or Senior Manager, the Transformation Specialist will support the day to day activities of specific strategic initiative projects sponsored by City of Hope leadership or projects directed by the Office of Transformation management and leadership. The successful candidate has a proven track record of being able to support complex projects with multiple work streams and stakeholders across an enterprise.
A strong Transformation Specialist should be able to:
- Create logical plan (e.g., work plan, storyboard) for an activity or project segment
- Help develop internal content that can be quickly leveraged across projects
- Frame key problems the initiative is designed to solve, and identify the qualitative and quantitative analysis required to drive recommendations
- Identify, customize and use appropriate tools, templates and methodologies in delivery of project deliverables and tasks
- Support project work streams to identify and address project risks which results in on schedule delivery
- Create change management plans and tactics to support adoption of transformation recommendations
- Lead work stream team meetings with the goal of creating the case for change
- Supports story creation in written documents and articulate them to drive change
- Become a trusted advisor for key initiative stakeholders and coach them on navigating change
- Understand and share connectedness of different work streams across projects and ensure deliverables are high quality and relevant
Key Responsibilities include:
- Creates content (i.e. Project Plans, PowerPoint presentation, Excel workbooks and worksheets) for assigned work stream per the direction of the project/program leadership
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative analysis to develop recommendations (i.e. further articulates the current state, analyzes data to communicate "pain points")
- Participates in client meetings, presenting assigned sections, taking notes, and other assigned tasks
- Participates in self-development efforts (i.e. training)
- Participates in and contributes to team development activities
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in consulting, process improvement, program management, and or other relevant experience.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- MBA or Master's degree preferred.
- Consulting firm experience preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office, Project and/or Portfolio Management Systems preferred.
- Use relevant project management tools to support on time delivery
- Identify, assess, and rank project risks that impact stakeholders
- Clearly communicate risks to project team
- Identify and assess change impediments
- Support problem framing, develop problem solving methodology, and identify solutions
- Use various analytical tools effectively to identify patterns in complex data
- Lead project work stream team meetings to gain alignment
- Present complex concepts to clients
- Support slide creation and message delivery
- Identify the most compelling ideas and lead creation and refinement of relevant user-friendly internal content
- Own and strengthen relationship with client
- Identify client development opportunities and coach stakeholders through a "see, try, do" approach
- Understand importance of focusing beyond tasks to reach outcomes, regularly adjusts work plans to reach desired outcomes
- Understand connections across departments or teams and provide recommendations to navigate overlap
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Sep 17, 2021
- Job Field: Business Services
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job