About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Senior Manager, Enterprise Security Operations is responsible for the planning, direction, enforcement and coordination of all security operations (to include day-to-day, event based, and emergency operations), management of security officer force, management of dispatch/command center, photo identification, access control and camera systems, parking and traffic enforcement, to insure safe and secure environment enterprise-wide. This position is responsible for the overall protection of life and property at all City of Hope locations, by identifying, communicating, and updating departmental goals, operating policies, and defining objectives and responsibilities of subordinates and their delegating authority in order to provide optimum support. The Senior Manager, Enterprise Security Operations is also responsible for establishing and operating effective security programs that foster positive relations with patients, visitors and staff.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversees day to day security operations across the COH enterprise, to include uniformed officer operations, command center operations, emergency response, physical security systems, traffic and parking enforcement, investigations, property protection, and security risk assessments.
- Responsible for personnel management including but not limited to: recruitment, annual performance review process, establish performance standards and goals, develop and mentor staff.
- Oversees all policies and procedures relative to overall professional operations of security programs and activities. Makes recommendations on overall security strategy across entire COH enterprise.
- Monitors performance of contracted security staff
- Collaborates with Nursing Administration, Patient Relations, Safety, Research Operations, Community Practice sites, and other departments as necessary in determining security needs for the various patient and clinical care units, research areas and programs.
- Creates internal guidelines and procedures that are directly responsive to the institution's needs. This includes active shooter, de-escalation training, personal safety, lockdown procedures, and interface with local and federal law enforcement.
- Direct all investigations involving possible criminal activity on the part of staff with Human Resources, Risk Management and/or Legal Affairs
- Acts as a professional liaison with local, State and Federal Law enforcement and life safety agencies
- Serves as security program manager with Design & Construction, Facilities Management and other peers with Enterprise Support Services on new construction and renovation projects. Knowledge of architectural drawings and the ability to relate to the construction field.
- Creates and maintain metrics for tracking performance and report these results to leadership at all levels
- Prepares long-range plans that address changes in the physical plant, types of services (medical and other) to be provided, facility accessibility, improved systems technology, staffing levels and other pertinent factors that affect security programming in the changing healthcare environment.
- Reviews all building plans and makes recommendations on security issues such as accessibility, CCTV, lighting, landscaping, parking & transportation and other needs as necessary.
- Evaluates the annual security management plan to ensure it is consistent with current national standards in training, procedures, and systems, as well as ensuring it meets the criteria of all statue and case law involving the hospital and other clinical security programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or related field preferred, commensurate experience in law enforcement at a managerial level will be considered in lieu of degree
- 5 - 8 years of experience in security leadership capacity with preference given to hospital or campus security leadership, to include in depth technical and state of the art knowledge of the various disciplines encountered with a security program in its daily operation (e.g. alarm systems, officer operations, CCTV, radio communication, and security management software)
- 3 - 4 years of recent management-level experience in security operations, policy development and collaboration with external agencies in large organizations with multiple priorities.
- Guard Registration card; Firearm permit; pepper spray permit.
- CPR within three months of hire
Licenses/Certifications required :
- California Driver's License (CDL)
- Course Certificate - Crisis Management.
Basic education, experience and skills preferred for consideration :
- Attainment of CPP (Certified Protection Professional) or CHPA (Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator) preferred
- POST- Approved Police Academy or equivalent
- Tactical Response Training
- Emergency Management Certification
- CEPTD/Mitigation training
- Hazard Mitigation & Prevention
- FBI National Academy Program, advanced police management program, National Fire Academy, Emergency Management
- Institute, security training programs or other comparable training programs.
- Undergraduate degree.
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-RA
- Posting Date: Dec 20, 2021
- Job Field: Support Services
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job