About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is recruiting an experienced statistician for a non-tenure track faculty appointment as Associate Research Professor to support clinical trials and pre-clinical research in the Hematology Institute, Immunotherapy Center. This will be a joint appointment in Hematology and Biostatistics in the Research Professor series, at a rank consistent with qualifications and experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the science through collaborative and independent research including co-authoring papers and protocols
- Serving as statistician on preclinical/clinical studies, trial protocols
- Developing, evaluating and making publicly available computer code following principles of reproducible research
- Development of novel statistical methodologies
- Delivering talks on the results of the research
- Maintaining current knowledge of and contributing to advancements in the field through participation in professional organizations, scientific conferences, reading industry journals, and publication of manuscripts
- Attends meetings as required
- Performing other tasks as required
- Doctorate in applied biostatistics/statistics or similar field
- 3-5 years experience in biostatistical consulting and analysis
- Experience in designing and analyzing clinical trials, including co-authoring grant proposals, protocols and peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to support broad pre-clinical research.
- Excellent computing skills and a publication record documenting both self-directed and collaborative research
- Experience in Hematology or Oncology
- Experience analyzing biomarker data
- Knowledge of clinical trials designs incorporating biomarkers
- Ability to write efficient programs in R and/or SAS
- Ability to manage multiple collaborations.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and research team members.
- Ability to build, foster, and maintain positive and productive professional relationships.
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
- Posting Date: Dec 17, 2021
- Job Field: Clinical Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job