Headquartered in Plano, TX, Cinemark Holdings, Inc. is a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry with 500+ theatres in the U.S. and Latin America.
Join Our Team!
Do you enjoy working together as a team to accomplish major goals? Join Cinemark to utilize and expand your skills! We are dedicated to making the movie experience memorable, "One Guest at a time." Our world class talent creates a warm and friendly culture through shared values.
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details
- Employee Discount
- Growth Opportunities
- Education Assistance
- Health Benefits
- Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Pet Insurance
Cinemark Assistant Managers assist in the overall operation of the theatre and ensure policies and procedures are being followed and operational standards are achieved. They are cross-trained in all departments to support where needed, and to provide inspirational training to all Employees. This is often a temporary or training position. After an unspecified time of at least six months and upon completion of Management Accreditation Program requirements, the Assistant Manager may be promoted to Senior Assistant Manager, Theatre Manager, or General Manager.
A Day in the Life of an Assistant Manager
The essential duties and responsibilities of an Assistant Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follows the direction of the General Manager
- Supports General Manager's decisions in communication with the staff
- Responsible for working in all departments and all theatre job functions
- Trains and coaches Team Members in their specific job functions
- Assists in the preparation of administrative and special reports for the General Manager
- Observes and participates in the inspection of the theatre building, parking lot, landscaping, Cinemark property, roof and exterior signage, and equipment condition
- Reports the need for building, property, and equipment repairs to General Manager
- Ensures that theatre Team Members follow the dress code
- Interacts with Guests for improved service in the theatre and ensures that Team Members are providing superior Customer service
- Learns and follows the policies and procedures as established in Cinemark's Guidelines. Enforces these with all Team Members fairly and consistently
- Reports all Employee relations issues to the General Manager and/or Restaurant General Manager (In the absence of the GM/RGM, management should report Employee relations issues to www.convercent.com)
- All management members must follow the Employee Relations Reporting Protocol
- All management members are held at a high work ethic standard and code of conduct
- Leads or attends a mandatory Shift Huddle (team discussion) at the start of or during a shift
- Conducts Wellness Checks on theatre Team Members on a daily basis
- Performs the functions of Chief Clean and Safety Monitor during a shift, if assigned
- Consistently identifies and sanitizes high contact areas within and around the theatre
- Consistently ensures and promotes adherence of proper social distancing guidelines
- Properly utilizes Personal Protective Equipment while completing position-specific tasks
- Adapts to the frequency and scope of required cleaning tasks
- Properly addresses any safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.)
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
What You Will Need to Have:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School or G.E.D. graduate preferred
- Completion of three basic courses (Management Foundations, Annual Certifications, and MAP Core) within Cinemark's Management Accreditation Program
- Completes basic food handling training and obtains any local or state mandated certification, health card, or food handlers permit where required
- Management members who work with alcohol are required to complete a Safe Alcohol Service training program
- Availability to work flexible hours which include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Has an energetic and friendly attitude during each shift
- Provides excellent Guest service
- Accurate cash handling and basic math skills
- Interpersonal skills include the ability to communicate (verbal and written) with all ages, genders, and personalities. Must be able to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend English
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to take and follow direction
- Responds with a sense of urgency
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to train and lead others
- Must be able to resolve conflict
What Physical and Environmental Requirement You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking, and reaching
- Ability to carry, push, and pull objects
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer